Brake query

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Had a strange noise coming from rear, when I looked at brakes the discs look horrible, have bought new Pagid disc & pads.
I have only done 25000 miles and for rears that is not a lot, these may be rubbish OEM quality.

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_4604.JPG

Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.

Allesandu

Post by Allesandu »

Billbobaggins1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:03 pm Had a strange noise coming from rear, when I looked at brakes the discs look horrible, have bought new Pagid disc & pads.
I have only done 25000 miles and for rears that is not a lot, these may be rubbish OEM quality.
Which make of disc, pads was chosen?
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

I went for PAGID for disc's and pads, took just over 2 hours to do both sides.
You will need a wind back tool for the caliper piston.
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.
Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

Some horrendous issues with brakes there.....seems to be a massive “ quality” problem..!..😱
Allesandu

Post by Allesandu »

As I see Skoda Auto don't want to admit it
Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

It’s pretty obvious there is a major quality issue with those discs..!
Jeff2886?

Post by Jeff2886? »

Hi ..new to this site..just found as not so happy with quality of my latest lease car a Skoda Kamiq.
On seeing problems encountered by members with regard to brakes,just wanted to share my experiences. Car broke down with about 1000 miles on clock and was in garage for about 3 days..some kind of electrical problem. During my first 1500 miles or so was aware of juddering on braking from speed from front brakes. Initially left in case brakes just needed bedding in. Problem persisted..so took to dealers ..wondering if it was tracking or wheel balancing. Mechanic tested and stated both front discs were warped and needed replacing. After a bit of too ing and fro ing with Skoda, they eventually agreed to also fit new pads.
Was told at garage that I was lucky car had so few miles on clock as was covered under warranty.
Makes you wonder though about owners having to pay for replacement after say 6 months.
Two previous Octavias were problem free ...not so happy with Kamiq....feel there might be more problems to come.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I 'had a go' at my dealer about this very thing, and pitting, on my first (2019) Kamiq. And had similar, but not anywhere near as bad, with my 2022 one.
Both times they have said it is NOT a service item, and not a fault, even though I showed them numerous photos of the same thing on other cars with low milage.

The rear brakes don't do all that much braking in normal driving, so they will have different wear in places, so I just drag the handbrake at low speed,, Safely.. once a week for a few yards, and that seems to keep them in better condition.
When the time comes, I'll get the discs replaced with better ones.
Skoda just will not accept they are substandard!
Allesandu

Post by Allesandu »

Billbobaggins1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:57 am I went for PAGID for disc's and pads, took just over 2 hours to do both sides.
You will need a wind back tool for the caliper piston.
Hello.
Could You share the result of replacement?
Which distance did You cover since get a new discs/pads?
How is it going? How do discs look like now?
Jrlf

Post by Jrlf »

I've just had my Skoda Kamiq in for it's 2nd year service, with only 7k on the clock. Now I'm being told that my rear brake pads and discs are red and need replacement due to severe pitting.

I have queried this to be told 'it's the weather' that causes this, not covered under warranty as its general wear on a car!

Hmm, I've had new cars for over 15 years and that's never been an issue after 2 years! I appreciate that these items are needed, but rear before front and after such low miles and careful driving I think not 🤔

Annoyed is an understatement as this is a 2 year old car with only 7k on the clock. But reading this feed, I'm guessing this is clearly an issue with the Skoda Kamiq range.

To update this, I put a complaint in about this, and as a goodwill gesture they are going to replace this after discussion with the manufacturer of the brakes.
Last edited by Jrlf on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post