Display speed when using navigation

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Phillwood

Post by Phillwood »

I have recently purchased a Kamiq with Amundsen navigation but surprised that my current speed is not displayed either on the infotainment screen or in the small navigation display behind the steering wheel when navigating. Is there any way to get this displayed?

Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

The current speed should always appear on the steering wheel screen no matter what else is displayed.
BeeBee3

Post by BeeBee3 »

HI Phil

There certainly ought to be. My Kamiq SE-L can, if I choose the appropriate screen with the up/down scroll buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. The right hand silver roller simply enlarges or decreases the size of the satnav display in between the rev counter and the MPH display.... Having had my Kamiq for only just over a week, I find the seemingly endless number of display options slightly confusing, but maybe that's an age thing (I'm 65)....... I haven't seen or found a way to get the speed displayed on the main Amundsen screen.....although there are a number of ways to get it on the instrument screen..... The next project I've set myself, is to reset the trip meter...... I'm sure I can manage it, as I have little difficulty getting the tops off jam jars, or folding road maps up! But like I said, it's an age thing......
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi. Welcome to the site.
The infotainment system is a bit 'Krypton Challenge', but once you get your head around it, it's actually not too bad compared to some.

To zero the miles.. Go to Vehicle.. select settings (bottom right).. Scroll to the very bottom.. (Instrument cluster).. Trip.. press reset.. Done.

The online manual is quite helpful. . https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w ... fc_1_en_GB

I'm on my second Kamiq, and still have to revert to it occasionally.

Enjoy your new motor.

Rags.
Phillwood

Post by Phillwood »

I have the Analogue Instrument Cluster and so I don't think the suggestion posted above (about zooming in/out) works. The sat nav information seems to completely replace the 'window' where you can otherwise display current speed, average speed etc. So far I haven't found a way to incorporate speed into the navigation display.
BeeBee3

Post by BeeBee3 »

Hi Ragtag

Thanks for the info. That did the trick. I would never have worked that out! It's simply mind-blowing what can be changed, programmed or altered via the main display. It has all come as a bit of a shock to me, as I never even looked at a digital instrument display until just over a week ago.....
John milnes

Post by John milnes »

I have a new Kamiq with analogue dials & Amundsen. I also found if the Amundsen Sat nav was on, the small maxi dot screen went from digital speed ( which I like) to next Sat nav message. Could only get back to digital speed by de-selecting route guidance which removed route guidance from the Amundsen. Only once I got what I wanted, by inputting the destination into the Sat nav first, then selecting Driving Data with right hand thumb wheel, then digital speed. I haven’t tried it since but it worked this once. Annoying tho!
BeeBee3

Post by BeeBee3 »

Ragtag
The online manual link is handy, but I can't access it. Do you have the password please? I'm assuming it can be downloaded and accessed afterwards, if required?
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I find the sat nav not very user ‘friendly’ so I simply connect my iPhone via the hard wire & use the google navigation. I think the information & controls are far superior ie when telling you to take a left turn will add ‘use extra care as the turn is extremely sharp’
It also shows speed limits on the current road.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

BeeBee3 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:33 am Ragtag
The online manual link is handy, but I can't access it. Do you have the password please? I'm assuming it can be downloaded and accessed afterwards, if required?

Its an open site when I go onto it?
No password needed??
Try just doing a search for 'Kamiq user Manuel '... See how that works.

Rags.