Stop / start de-activate

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
John milnes

Post by John milnes »

Collected new 1.5 today. I notice that the engine cuts out whilst rolling towards a stop, then re-starts immediately because the car is still rolling, and stops again when the car actually stops!
The manual page 94 says de-activate by the Aoff button. I can't see this button on the wheel or the screen (analogue instruments with Amundsen screen).
Where is it pls ?

John milnes

Post by John milnes »

Oooops, sorry. I've found it below the handbrake, silly me.
John milnes

Post by John milnes »

And now the start-stop doesn’t work at all, even though battery is fully charged & engine is up to temperature.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

It's very picky, based on all kinds of obvious and presumably not so obvious criteria, suspect possibly things like the regenerative braking are considered. Also, I have noted (manual gearbox) that nudging the steering wheel awakens the engine, presumably to get power steering?
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Start/stop systems on most cars tend to have a mind of their own. My previous car was similarly erratic (not from the Skoda group).
I think you’ll find most cars have an auxiliary battery that feeds the s/s system so it’s that that has to be fully charged & remember the s/s system will not function if you have the a/c on (for obvious reasons)
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

AC and SS aren't absolutely mutually exclusive, but perhaps depends how hard the former is having to work.

Your observation about the auxiliary battery could well be consistent with my suspicions about the regenerative braking.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post