Help! Buying car as a single woman…

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
GrayInStirling

Post by GrayInStirling »

… so feeling a bit vulnerable.

I lost my husband during the pandemic and have had all sorts of changes which includes a new job with much more commuting. My 14 year old Honda Jazz is ageing out and What Car tells me a Kamiq is the answer.

I’m not sure if I should go for the SE Trim or the SE L Executive? I plan to upgrade to heated seats and nozzles for the SE (£280) but the SE Executive already comes with that. Ideally I would like a heated windscreen - I have no drive and park on the road - and the Executive allows me to add that for £350. It’s an overall £2500 difference though and the biggest difference I can tell is the automatic climate control vs the old fashioned knobs?

All advice very much welcome and appreciated. Been a tough few years and all the commuting I’m doing in my new social work job is somewhat exhausting with the older wee car…

GrayInStirling

Post by GrayInStirling »

I should add that I have two wee ones - so not really a single woman, but I can’t get used to any other term for it right now 😬
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

The ACC is a right pigs ear if you want to adjust fan speed manually. It’s a slider control & if you want to alter it whilst driving, is not easy.
Many have mentioned this on previous topics on this forum
Ali748

Post by Ali748 »

Add a power tailgate too,will be great convenience when shopping etc
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I would add that being too specific on customisations could slow delivery of your car a lot. I would imagine if you aimed for a higher base trim so more of your wants are standard, you might be luckier at finding something in Skoda UK or even dealer stock for quick delivery – days rather than months. Depends how urgent your change is, in our case we had to move quickly and struck lucky with UK stock that didn't compromise on anything too troublesome.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
GrayInStirling

Post by GrayInStirling »

I think I will need to get one second hand. I was hoping for electric wing mirrors and ‘climate control’ and the pre 2022 models seem to have that on the SE Trim? Now I need to find a list of the old trims and what they include… will keep having a nose on the forum. Thanks for your help
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Our 2020/21 SE has manual aircon and fixed mirrors. Does at least have electric windows all round, though!
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Just saw an old motoring correspondent review on utube of the 2020 Kamiq…in his opinion the SE was the model to go for