Hello

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Collie67

Post by Collie67 »

Just like to say hello , I’ve just bought a kamiq Monte Carlo 1.5 , I had a Octavia vrs before that for 4 yrs so slightly different experience but overall I like it a lot , their is a lot that I don’t understand which is why I’ve joined the forum

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Welcome Collie67. Hope you’re a regular visitor to the forum. Feel free to ask plenty of questions & do pass on your thoughts & experiences
Collie67

Post by Collie67 »

Thanks for the welcome lofty , the car itself is great I’m enjoying owning a kamiq it’s the updates I’m confused about , everyday a message pops up , update available but you can’t do it whilst driving , I’ve tried when I’m stationary , no joy , is it because You have to pay ? I read about skoda connect and paying for different things which in my opinion should be free ,I’m not sure why I should have to pay for updates if that’s the case , even Apple let you have the latest software free , what are other peoples opinions and am I even right , I’ve only had the car 2 weeks so I could be barking up the wrong tree , thanks collie
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Others may be better informed than myself (being rather of a senior age) but DTEG & Ragtag (& others) certainly seem well switched on to this subject, so once they’ve seen the post I’m sure they’ll respond
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Not sure I'm much use, the SE trim (Bolero head unit) has very limited connectivity/upgrade options and as far as I know has no over-the-air update capacity.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021