Do I buy a kamiq or a puma

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
John milnes

Post by John milnes »

I recommend the Kamiq. Coming from an Audi A3 which I loved but beginning to give problems, I simply wanted reliability. 2 months & 1100 miles with a new 1.5 SE Drive I really enjoying driving it. Quiet, comfortable & incredibly economical. Getting between 55 & 62 mph on a run, pretty good for scar that will also do 0-62 in 8.1 secs ( apparently, I’ve been running mine in!).

John milnes

Post by John milnes »

55to 62 mpg not mph.
Ali748

Post by Ali748 »

Still cant decide,I do like the look of the kamiq,im abit apprehensive about switching brands having been with ford for many years
Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

As you have been trying to decide for well over a year now you are obviously uncertain of change so stick with what you know, Ford.
Ali748

Post by Ali748 »

I do like the kamiq,it the financial situation at the moment thats preventing a change at present,due to having a bad credit rating ,hopefully next year it should improve,
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Ali…you’ve posted over 40 plus entries over nearly 2 yrs on whether or not to purchase a Kamiq or Puma.
You have to bite the bullet sometime
James005

Post by James005 »

As an owner of both a Puma ST line 1.0L 125 mild hybrid, then a 1.0L 113 Kamiq SEL, I think the Puma was the better car. I changed because I wanted a car with roof rails.

Comparing the two models the Puma was a great driver's car, much nicer to drive, a bit more grunt, better looking, more kerb appeal, slightly higher drivers position. The Puma's gear change was better, and the ST line steering wheel was really nice.

The Puma had a better boot, the larger/later megabox boot was fantastic. No spare wheel although a space saver can be used in the megabox if desired.

Rear passenger space is greater and nicer in the Kamiq. It's still a nice car to drive and the 1.0 113 engine is still nice and feels refined. The Puma's auxiliary electrical motor made the throttle response slightly annoying because it was twitchy and it felt like having two turbos.

One bizarre thing about the Kamiq compared all other cars I have driven is the clutch has a low (or high?) bite point (requiring pedal to be depressed further).

The Kamiq has a better infotainment system and better digital dash, but it's also overly complicated and the fan/air controls are similarly difficult and distracting to use.

The Kamiq has creaky interior plastics and tiny cup holders.

There are pros and cons to both cars but if you were to test drive both, I think you would probably choose the Puma if driving experience was more important to you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post