Digital dash and infotainment screen lighting.

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Does any one know if the brightness of the digital dash and the infotainment screen can be adjusted up and down ?

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Only have Bolero and analogue dials (which I think are controlled by a knob by the driver's right knee as per usual), but would be surprised if your digital stuff didn't have similar controls in Menu, Settings, Display on the infotainment.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
old man

Post by old man »

DTEG wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:09 pm Only have Bolero and analogue dials (which I think are controlled by a knob by the driver's right knee as per usual), but would be surprised if your digital stuff didn't have similar controls in Menu, Settings, Display on the infotainment.

Thankyou, I have the answer now and there is a way to do it in settings - but the headlights have to be on whilst doing it. Seems ridiculous to me and an added complication.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Very weird, but I've got rather used to that!
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I wondered why you had to set it with the lights on, and asked a couple of days ago when mine was in for service.
It's so that you set it when it's in dim mode. If the lights were off, it would be bright ( daylight mode), and you wouldn't tell the difference.

Strangely, whilst I was hanging about for the car to be done, another fella was in with a week old Fabia. His headlights stay on all the time ( day and night) when the engine is running, when the lights are set to auto.
The tech bloke was very confused as they had tried a number of new light modules on the car, and it still did it. Everything else worked as it should when a torch was shone at the sensor, but the lights were stubbornly staying on!
Not just the Kamiq with hiccups then.

Rags.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post