Headlights Adjusted for driving on the Right

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Hi Everyone,

I have a Monte Carlo and full LED headlights almost everyday in the instrument panel I get this ' Headlights adjusted for driving on the Right active' although in the settings under lights it says driving on the left. Anyone else had this happen?
Thanks
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.

LondonKamiq

Post by LondonKamiq »

Mine does this as part of a larger issue involving SOS and GPS tripping out. If i turn the car on and off then the whole system stops working, no touch screen or anything. Currently waiting on a part for a fix.

Mine does change to the right when the message comes on however.
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

So I took the car to dealers on Monday 29th March, they had to keep it for 2 days whilst asking Skoda for a reason. Got a reply from Skoda and they have carried out a software update so far it appears to be all working no more issues. :D
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Hi All, just a quick update, the software update didn't work so I will make another appointment and also speak to SKODA UK too, I will keep you posted..
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

đź‘Ť
Hope you get sorted easily.
Rags.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

I have also had an issue with headlights changing. My 1.5l Monte Carlo was delivered in mid November last year and after about 3 weeks the message about the lights started to appear at random intervals. The "settings" menu confirmed that the headlight setting had changed. Initially the dealer tried a software update and factory reset but this did not cure the problem. In late December the car went back to the dealer and I suggested that they keep it until they were confident that the problem was solved. It was thought that I had a rogue vehicle as neither the dealer or Skoda had come across the problem before. Working with Skoda UK and I believe, the factory, the dealer changed various things but initially with no success. Part of the problem was that the car could be driven regularly for several days without the message appearing. At first the dealer loaned me a Fabia but later switched that for another 1.5l Monte Carlo. This developed the same fault! Both cars were built around the same time, Oct / Nov 2020. I finally got my car back last Saturday and will run it for a few weeks before returning to the dealer so that they can check the error log. Apparently a control unit needed changing and I have found that certain functions, such as the ability to adjust the brightness of the interior lighting, that were missing initially are now available. I did notice that immediately prior to each occasion the headlight message appearing the traffic sign recognition system started displaying speeds in km/h for a short time, for example instead of showing 30mph it would show 45.

I was concerned that when the headlights changed they would dazzle oncoming drivers but all that actually appears to happen is that part of the left hand edge of the beam is turned off.

I can't fault the service I've received from the dealer or their persistence in trying to solve the problem; at one point they fitted a dashcam to the car roof to record what was being displayed on the dashboard! I will let you know if their persistence has paid off.
LondonKamiq

Post by LondonKamiq »

Im glad your happy with the service but the 'weve never heard of this' is lies. I gave mine in early Jan and it escalated to skoda uk and skoda technical who said the same lies. The headlight issue was mentioned specifically along with other faults. They just have no idea how to fix it and the dealers cant do anything skoda technical do not authorise. When it happens again they will diagnose the same control unit (OCU) as faulty and talk rubbish about possible faulty batch and give the car back again 'fixed'.

If your not in any built up areas you'll probably experience it less. Im pretty sure its a combination of having to move the aerial because of the pan roof causing it to trip out in certain areas (unlucky for me these areas tend to be in every direction around where i live). Then the software doesn't know how to behave and assumes your back in the czech republic. Hence the headlight switch and kmh display.

Mine would do it along with the SOS fault which is also related to signal. Sometimes headlight fault occurs a little while before everything else. They tried software updates/two control units changed (the same one twice) more software updates and still the same. Just had the car collected today. My first and last brand new skoda purchase lasted 3 months. Such a shame, if the car worked its such an awesome car for the money. Back to premium brands for me. Anyone want to buy a brand new full size monte carlo alloy wheel :lol: . Along with the spare wheel kit (jack ect..). Ill throw in some barely used prestige mats aswell :lol: ?

Good luck guys..

IMG_5648.jpg

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Sorry to hear that.
What style Is that wheel please? Photo?

Rags.
LondonKamiq

Post by LondonKamiq »

Ragtag wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:39 am Sorry to hear that.
What style Is that wheel please? Photo?

Rags.
Vega 18” 7.0j. What comes on the Monte Carlo spec. The plan was to fit a tyre and keep it as a full size spare.

0D84CF0D-76AB-40F9-AA46-F05868A2ACEE.jpeg

96570313-485D-4D00-B2C1-89D10D8939A5.jpeg

3F7122BB-F86A-451E-8FEF-6A82F9C7ED73.jpeg

E44437E1-3EA6-4DAD-84AB-8A8CEE20F4E8.jpeg

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Pity it's not the same style as mine ( SEL). But gives people a good idea.
Good luck with the sale.

Rags.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post