Order placed

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Placed an order on 23rd October for a 1.5 manual SEL in quartz grey with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack. Yesterday the dealer called me with a build week of week 2 2021 and anticipated delivery to site in early to mid February, COVID restrictions permitting. Suspect I'll look for a March pickup.
At the point of ordering they suggested delivery could be 11th January, my current Ateca will be due service and MOT on 21st January.

I had a 30 minute unaccompanied test drive and the few things I noticed that were different from the Ateca include the steering being much lighter when pulling away, although feedback through the wheel is similar. The ride was certainly better, I always find speed bumps on test drives to check that out. Oddly dealers generally look aghast when I ask where the bumps are. For this test drive I drove through Stevenage leisure park.
Going back to a physical handbrake will be the only thing I think I'll miss. I was wary of the electronic parking brake in the Ateca but adapted to it so quickly that I think it's a really useful feature.

From the mpg figures my dad's getting on his 1.5 DSG I'm expecting similar or slightly better than the 1.4 Ateca.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.

Ant

Post by Ant »

It’s frustrating having to wait several months for a new car! Fortunately my Kamiq was a dealer stock model, a 1.0 SE Auto with a few extras which included some I particularly wanted and some that the dealer had spec’d anyway. That it was the colour i wanted and the deal offered was very good made it seem like it was meant to be! Absolutely no regrets or complaints so far!

I’m sure yours will be well worth the wait as well! Shame that you may have to run to a service and MoT for the Ateca.

My last 2 cars (Mazdas) had electronic handbrakes. I got used the the physical handbrake in the Skoda again very quickly though. My wife, who drives much less frequently than me still gets caught out occasionally! Last car had keyless entry and auto walk away door locking so that’s definitely something I have to remember to do!