Safety Recall 91Y8

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Anyone had the above recall notice. Seems it applies to Kamiq & Scale & refers to a software update on the ‘e-Call’ system (is this the automated phone call made to Skoda in the event of an accident). Had mine done when they inspected the brakes.

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

VW had an issue with e-call on the Mk8 Golf earlier in the year which delayed some deliveries, this sounds like it could be related. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... blem-fixed

Screenshot_20200916_185415_com.android.chrome.jpg

Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

You can check if your car has outstanding recalls by using the government's MOT check site at https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Enter your registration number and when it tells you your MOT expiry date you can scroll down to check for recalls.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

NeilW
Certainly seems like the same issue.
How does your Seat compare with your dads Kamiq, I think that would be an interesting comparison.
Is your Ateca a 3 or 4 cylinder.
I took the 1.5 Kamiq (their demo car) for a good test drive 5 hrs but went for the 115 bhp 1.0l engine as I thought the 1.5 was far too expensive
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

My Ateca is the 1.4 manual, so an earlier iteration of the 1.5. My dad's seeing better economy through the DSG coasting function, he's struggling to get under 42mpg. He used to have a 1.5 1 series auto and couldn't get it above 40mpg. The Ateca is slightly thirstier, but it's bigger and a manual.
Interior is good and passenger space is little different. The dealer suggested passenger space is better than in the Karoq, which I'm inclined to believe given the Ateca and the Karoq are basically the same car.
The Ateca dash is rather plain, the Kamiq has a little more style to it. He's got the SEL, so has the digital instruments, while mine are analogue. The Speedo had a change of scale so reads 0, 10, 20, 40 which is annoying so I've set the little screen between the dials as a Speedo.
The Ateca has a firmer ride, the Kamiq is more comfortable.
I'm considering one for my next car, but I've really gotten used to the electronic parking brake and would like to have that again.
Not had a chance to drive the Kamiq, so can't give a comparison from the driver's seat.

And back to the original topic, my dad's has been recalled too.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Excellent feedback, much appreciated. I had the Aclass with the DCT gearbox...absolutely loved that box, so smooth but think the DSG is superior particularly because of the ‘eco’ coasting which as you say help mpg. I have the sel. Don’t have a problem with the speedo graduations but have it set to rev counter on left with gear selection in centre & mpg on the right. Don’t tend to change from that. Do find the whole setup a bit complicated but maybe it’s my age (a senior) Like you, miss the electronic handbrake & in particular the “hill hold” feature,,,,,absolutely brilliant. Surprised that it’s felt the Kamiq is roomier than the Karoq
Got chatting to Kamiq owner in supermarket car park this week. Asked what he thought....said dash too complicated (had SE) & hated lane assist. Told me ”I managed to switch it off once but for some reason it came back on”. 😂😂😂. I Explained how it’s default & showed him quickest method to cancel using control on steering wheel (guy similar age to me). Couldn’t thank me enough.
I did tell sales manager on recent visit to skoda...
Ought to offer 1 day training course on dash controls 😁😁😁😁😁.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

My dad had the recall done this week. The work took about an hour, but the wait for the car to be washed added another hour that.