Car cut out

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
Jen

Post by Jen »

Most awful car ever !!! Bought nearly new from main dealer, have had back to back faults for over a year with no luck having any kind of useful answer from the ‘executive office’. It has now depreciated in the last 14 months by £10,000 so I am left with the choice of driving a death trap, or having to fork out £10k to top up to an equivalent car. All I get is ‘updates’ which are currently covered under warranty but when the warranty runs out I will have to pay for myself apparently.

The dealer I purchased from, station garage in Horsham, have been diabolical and to be honest my advice would be - cut your losses ASAP and get rid of your death trap cars before something bad happens !!!!

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

By pass the dealer & write to Skoda UK (copy the dealer, that will scare the crap out of them) & include the article to Skoda that you’ve posted on the forum. It might make Skoda listen a bit more. Have you sufficient evidence to contact the motoring ombudsman?.
merman

Post by merman »

My kamiq died a couple of times after I filled up with petrol. I saw the fuel tanker leave the garage, I reckon I got the first lot of freshly delivered fuel. It only happened twice on consecutive days when at a junction and under acceleration changing up from first it died, alarming entering a busy island and junction. I put it down to contaminated fuel