How many members have a Kamiq sitting on their drive?

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

E073EDB6-2AED-414E-98DF-B8A1582498DC.jpeg

Hi Rivendell63 (glad to see some activity on this forum). My 2 main concerns....the start/stop system, on my merc there was an ECO button that would show amber, when all conditions were met (eng temp, battery charge etc) the color would go green. You then knew the stop/start was active. There is no such indication that tells you if the system is active on the Kamiq. If it is, when I stop, the engine stops & I get a dash indication of an A with a circular arrow around it telling me my engine has stopped. Well I know that because the bloody Rev counter is at zero. I need to know if the engine will stop in advance ie when approaching roundabouts etc. Secondly in the heating/a/c display, I have a picture of 2 persons (bottom left) front is highlighted rear is ‘greyed’ out. There is a rear passenger vent in the car which emits a very small amount of air even when on full boost. How do I highlight the rear passenger symbol to obtain max air via rear vent. Skoda uk customer service (after consulting with hq engineers said “it’s a touch screen” so just highlight it”. Crap, it doesn’t work. I fed the info back but ne response since. I’ll see if I can download photos.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I’ll try another photo

9C36B208-40FA-4235-81D2-CFBE45698507.jpeg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi Rivendell63. Firstly it’s nice to see some activity on the forum. I know the Kamiq is fairly new but admit to being disappointed at how little posts there are. I was a member of the Aclass forum in the early days but there was loads of contributions & I really enjoyed it. Being an early owner I was able to pass on experienced contributions.
Struggling???, yes firstly trying to navigate this forum but hopefully frustration will ease.
The Kamiq?. I am having real problems with the dash controls & set up. Earlier I posted my issues with the start/stop system & heating controls. I was able to post a couple of photos but don’t know which feed it was but at least being able to post photos was easier that the Aclass club. Have a look at my entries yesterday... you may be able to help.
I was very disappointed to find that I did not have ‘dynamic indicators’. Going for the SEL & specking the virtual Cockpit I was disappointed & puzzled to find only the rear indicators are dynamic. How weird !.
Let’s see if we can get a few more contributions from other members
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Sorry, full reply on another post
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

I watched so many video road tests prior to making my final decision to select the Kamiq. Each of them praised the Amundson unit in the Kamiq, claiming it was excellent and intuitive for use. Well if this an intuitive system then maybe I'm just thick. There are several things which do not make any sense, such lane assist, stop/start being active by default and need to be manually disabled each time the car is started. You also mentioned that your MB displayed when the stop/start became active. That would have nice on my previous Nissan as the stop/start had a mind of it's own. providing the car was up to temp it would perform as expected, then restart after about 15 -30 seconds ... not the most eco friendly system. I've taken to turning the Stop/start off as it's timing is sometimes impractical. Check out your PM
Ant

Post by Ant »

New member here. I have a Kamiq on my drive now. Got it last week...SE 1.0 DSG. It was dealer stock car so has a few extras, most of which I really wanted anyway so it’s a good fit. Came from a Mazda 6 Tourer and this is my first ever Skoda. I have to say that I am mightily impressed so far!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Welcome Ant. Nice to see a new member on board. Sadly hardly any members place any posts here. If you look at the topics you’ll find my name against most of them. I came from the the Mercedes A class forum & that was brilliant with loads of members posting all sorts of topics with lots of members posting photos of their cars. I’ve got the sel 1.0L DSG with the 115 bhp power unit. What power unit have you got?. I’m over the moon with the auto & particularly like the ‘coasting’ in neutral when conditions apply. Had the merc DCT auto box previous & this box is so much better. What are your first impressions ?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Hi Lofty

Mine is the 115bhp engine with DSG box. My Mazda was a 2.2 turbo diesel with 175bhp and I felt the Kamiq would feel significantly slower but it really isn’t. It accelerates absolutely fine, faster than I’m ever likely to need, especially with the box in Sport mode.

Mazda interior quality has been steadily improving over recent years so I though the Skoda might feel like a bit of a downgrade but not at all. Fit and finish are excellent and overall, I am really impressed with car. The reviews say the Kamiq doesn’t have a ‘sporty’ driving character - I’m not one to noon around but cornering doesn’t feel dissimilar to my last car so all good there!

I changed cars to reduce monthly payments on PCP and it was a toss up between the Kamiq and the Seat Arona FR. the Seat dealer wasn’t so helpful with my trade in, preferring not to offer a firm value. Motorline Skoda in Dartford we’re excellent though. I had an unaccompanied test drive (due to C-19) for 45 mins and when I got back, the salesperson had lined up a great deal which included a very good price for my trade in, without me having to haggle. After going home for a quick chat with my wife, we returned to the dealership later the same day to sign the deal. I know I made the right choice! (I got £120 insurance premium refund too!)
AdrianGG

Post by AdrianGG »

I’ve just replaced a Seat Ateca with a 1.0 with DSG gearbox. Excellent combination, beautiful to drive, plenty of power and ultra smooth gear changes. It came fitted with black and silver alloys which are easily marked if you graze a curb parking, better to stay off the curb a few inches. Keyless is very useful but with the DSG box it does not have an interlock fitted like I was used to on the Ateca where you could not withdraw the key without first going into park. With the Kamiq keyless you can stop, press the stop/start button to shut down the engine and regardless of the gear you are in leave the car, in N the car can roll!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

AdrianGG.....interesting!!!! What made you go for the Kamiq after the Ateca & how does it compare. I also have keyless entry with the DSG but not sure of the experience you have. We had a member earlier that had awful problems with something similar (he was telling us about his grandads problem) got to the state where he wanted to return the car but that was rejected on the grounds of incorrect use. There was talk of the ombudsman but despite being asked to keep us informed, we didn’t get to hear the outcome......pity

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post