kamiq monte carlo dumbed down for 2023 ?

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Wheezygeezer

Post by Wheezygeezer »

Just taken delivery of a Kamiq Monte Carlo 1.0 Tsi Dsg and have been bemused at the lack of various standard items compared to the 2021/2 versions.
Only rear parking sensors instead of F & R, no electric folding door mirrors just manual and no blind spot area. Detachable torch in boot now fixed in place, flip out door protectors missing, no gearchange paddles on steering wheel.
Dealer salesman downloaded Skoda Connect and set up an ID for me and activated the various items so cannot fault him or the dealership at Exeter for their attention to detail and helpfulness.

Drove home and parked up, took handbook into house to peruse for the rest of the evening. Out to the car next day and infotainment system demanded an S Pin which I didn't have and had no recollection of its mention during the setup process, so locked out of system altogether. Contacted deal an hour or two later, salesman's day off so no help there until Saturday when he's back. But, I did manage to find a Guest user account to use in the meantime, so all is not lost yet, but.

I know I'm getting old but am relatively computer literate, so is it just me or is everything done via smartphones unnecessarily overcomplicated and overloaded with the need for passwords of varying complexity ?

Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

Essentially..yes..,!...everything now is via a smartphone, even parking charges..!
Life gets more complicated daily..!.🤕
GrahamN

Post by GrahamN »

From my memory most of the things you mention were never standard on the Monte Carlo. Blind Spot Detection was only ever standard on the SEL and it was removed in early 2021. Don't think any models ever had front sensors as standard or gear change paddles. Or flip out door protectors.
Colchester

Post by Colchester »

Now I completely agree. We feel totally mislead about what skoda currently includes as standard equipment parts.
But only to find out some are missing. For example our sel executive model states on the current build list, dynamic rear turn indicators . But our 2023 model doesn't have them. We complained to the skoda dealership we bought the car from .
But were basically told read the fine print. Skoda feel that they can’t get away with it. Because they can change the equipment on any vehicle at any time. But why say here is what your getting standard equipment on your vehicle. Then give you a lesser quality product.
I believe that this is false marketing.
Obviously they don't want me to return the vehicle for a refund. As they say that there is no fault on the vehicle.
I'm frustrated, angry and feel mislead by false advertising claims.
Surely there is something that we can do address this issue.
Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

My recently delivered Monte Carlo does have dynamic indicators.
I do feel that we customers are somewhat cheated..my £30k plus MC doesn’t have climate control, folding door mirrors, auto wipers or powered boot. All items which can come as standard on other, sometimes cheaper, cars.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post