Android phone connection cable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kamiq
AlisonB

Post by AlisonB »

I have a 2022 Kamiq , and have manage to connect my Samsung Android phone without any problem , but I have been unable to find the correct usb cable type to fit the car to allow data transfer . Even the dealership could only advise type C which is much too big .
Can anybody help please ?

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I bought this triple set from Amazon

USB C to USB C Cable [3-Pack/0.3M+1M+2M],NIMASO Braided 60W 20V/3A Power Delivery USB Type C to Type C PD Fast Charge Lead for Samsung Galaxy S21+/S21 Ultra/S20/S10/S9/Note 10,iPad Pro 2021/2020/2018

https://amzn.eu/d/3S2GWwY

Short one for charging and Android Auto, longer ones for any passengers. So long as your phone is USB-C it should be what you're after.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

The only small pain with these cables is that having just upgraded my phone to one inevitably slightly larger than its predecessor, the tray by the gearstick is just a little too skimpy to accommodate the phone with charging cable connected while keeping it flat. It's OK but not ideal, and I might keep a lookout for a cable with a right-angle plug.

On the bright side, wireless Android Auto seems much more solid with this new phone, and barely touches the battery, so physically connecting is not so essential.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
merman

Post by merman »

DTEG, if you find a short data transfer cable with a single or double 90 degree could you please post details 🙏, cheers, merman
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Exactly what I wanted, loops in mini cable clips around the tray and works perfectly
merman

Post by merman »

Yes I saw that on amazon too. It would be perfect if it was shorter👌. I'm making do with an 8 inch double ended usb c, the same bundle as DTEG got at the mo. Thanks for posting
fogger1967

Post by fogger1967 »

i just used the original lead that came with the phone and got an adapter no issues

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post