Introduction

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tinkeron

Post by Tinkeron »

Good Morning and Hello all,

I’m pleased to discover a Skoda forum earlier in the making it’s simpler for a forum newby with little it skills. Have accessed Briskoda,probanly it’s used by most but it’s good to have something which is totally independent, though Some kind of rapid link to that site might be a useful thing. Had a petrol Fabia some years ago alongside my Rover Tourer 1.6 Sli manual, which I let go , after 25 years of brilliant service. The Kamiq 1.0 SE L DSG is replacement, between there has been, and still is, a Honda Jazz, another faithful,if underpowered servant. My days of servicing and repairing my own cars have long gone so I value reliability rather more these days. DIY activity on modern cars is rather less of a feasibility unless you are well lured up on electronic control systems. I suspect the same is true of many garages who are now concentrating on catching up with Hybrids and the like. Anyway, according to an independent auto electrician acquaintance, even main agents struggled with conventional stuff and he used to sort the ones i. M my locality (North Northamptonshire nowadays) In some respects the Kamiq was a gamble as those great and good journanalists where underwhelming with their reviews compared with the Scala. I didn’t really consider an electric vehicle, just a bit of a financial stretch too far. So far,within a few months of ownership, the Kamiq has been pleasing in almost all respects except the folding rear seats, rather simplistic and limited compared to the Jazz. I have had a few issues, there’s the one, which has virtually scared my wife out of parking it on my steepish reverse sloping drive, is that intermittently the auto hold, when changing from ‘D’ to ‘R’ thus reversing down hill, fails to hold until after a good metre plus uncontrolled drift backwards. One instinctively stabs on the brakes as. brick wall is close by. The main agents explanation was that it’s a characteristic of the DSG auto in that it has a coasting phase, sometimes noticeable in forward downhill, to help with fuel economy. It’s a rare chance but might be tricky, in an uphill queue. Has any one been caught out by the fuel flap refusing to open? Embarrassing on the fore court. Multiple pushes, flicks etc in different places failed to allow entry, however the short trip back to my holiday accommodation seemed to be the answer! One flick and Voila! How about window seals on the near side doors? One needed replacing at the time of purchasing the other is failing and I must visit the nearest main agent soon as the warranty runs out early in the new year. Sorry to bang on about stuff on my first post, some where someone was on about the lack of posts, hence my unusually verbose and rambling effort! What else can I add about a car I have learned to love? I just hope I have the ability to add this post to the forum site!

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Welcome Tinkeron, I think you & I will get on well. I also have a 1.0l SEL DSG 3yrs old next yr. now retired & having had a career in motor trade, I also leave maintenance to others. I also had 3 new Jazz(‘s). Fantastic cars ultra reliable but a bit underpowered (I went to a merc prior to Kamiq) you were obviously spoilt by the Honda ‘magic’ seats. Must admit I’ve had 2.9yrs of trouble free motoring with the Kamiq but am very low mileage (8k to date) so continue to keep my fingers crossed. Keep in touch on the forum.