New SE being down spec'd

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
NRGBLUE22

Post by NRGBLUE22 »

Am about to press the button on a lease deal for a 1.0 SE 110 manual but am a little concerned now with this spec downgrade. I heard they removed rain sensing wipers from the spec which I could probably live with but manual rear windows? Come on. Also the Dynamic Indicators are no longer, still LED but just repeaters. Skoda website / brochure is useless.
Anyone have an update please?

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

SE indicators have never been LED as standard, to my knowledge. The lighting has always been a bit deceptively sold, though to be honest I prefer bulb indicators over static LEDs, so long as they last vehicle lifetime as assured.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
NRGBLUE22

Post by NRGBLUE22 »

Thanks DTEG
Mackers

Post by Mackers »

Anyway even without the heated seats I'm really pleased with it, and that's coming from a GTI spec 200 bhp Jetta. When the turbo kicks in its got a right little roar on it and is an absolute pleasure to drive. Fast as.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I'm never quite sure if it's the turbo or the three-pot engine, but it sounds better than anything I've driven before. Probably a bit of both, our old 4-cylinder turbo 1.2 Yeti had nothing on it.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Mackers

Post by Mackers »

Had an "official" reply from Skoda, they say the heaters come on automatically when the temp goes below 4 degrees? Why no manual control though? My Mrs wanted to turn 'em on to help with her bad back.
Mackers

Post by Mackers »

Hi again all, when Skoda eventually replied and said the seat heaters will come on automatically when the external temp drops - it seemed like a generic response. Strange! Seats, with heaters that you can't turn on or off with no adjustable thermostat? I'm thinking it's one that's rolled off the wrong side of the factory! We'll wait and see when winter finally kicks in up here in the north of England!
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

I think Skoda may be referring to the heated windscreen rather than the seats. My old Focus had a heated screen which switched on automatically at 4 degrees.
Nick M
2022 Kamiq SEL Executive 1.5 DSG
GrahamN

Post by GrahamN »

I got my 110 SEL auto in July 2021. A few months before that had they removed Blind Spot Detection , rear torch and downgraded the power from 115/116 to 110. But we got white ambient lighting as a compensation. Not pleased. But I knew all this before buying. Was pleased to get wireless Android Auto as well. Overall the car is great. It has all the wireless cockpit and Amundsen screen etc but when looking at similar cars around it really should have had things like Rear view camera and automatic tailgate.
Ali748

Post by Ali748 »

An automatic tailgate is a great addition to any spec,im currently looking at a kamiq to replace my fiesta,however I cant afford to buy new,but I want a power tailgate on my next car,the utter convenience would be absolutely awesome,its so hard to find a decent second hand one with it fitted,I am looking at a ford puma also,