New SE being down spec'd

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Seen elsewhere that someone who ordered a new Kamiq SE has had it delivered, and the rear doors have window winders, NOT electric windows like the old ones.
Skoda have said " They are all like that now Sir!"
Looks like Skoda are cutting back dramatically on the basics to keep the car in the sales area of similar motors.
Like the removable torch and park assist on the SEL.
Worth warning people who are considering a Kamiq to double check what the specifications are exactly.

Rags.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I can’t believe that any manufacturer today, would produce manually operated rear windows. That is really going back to the dark ages.
It cheapens the car & to me, it cheapens the brand. I think any salesperson has a major responsibility to inform customers in advance of this spec. If I’d had a car turn up like that I would have told the dealer to shove the car where the sun don’t shine.
Feel for the customer.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Gosh, glad we got ours when we did. It had already lost the torch and boot power socket (which I think were originally standard, but not 100% certain) by then but thankfully nothing too major. If I remember rightly the auto dipping rear view mirror has also since come a cropper. Guess it's all about maintaining price points, but hey, I think everyone knows the only way is up at the moment so there's no need for them to be sneaky about it.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Interesting to note that if their website is correct, the "top of the range" Monte Carlo edition reverts to manual air-conditioning – and some other features noteworthy by their omission. Unbelievable! Was that always the case, or another downgrade? Is the SE-L Executive now the real range topper despite not being most expensive?
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

I think the Monte Carlo has always had manual A/C on UK spec cars, unless you want to pay to upgrade.
Mackers

Post by Mackers »

Hey this is why I came on here to discuss spec downgrades. I ordered my SEL 110 DSG after watching numerous UK reviews and it turned up without the torch, wireless charging, 12V in the boot but the big one for me was the heated seats. So, get this, I goes and looks under the front seats and... it looks like the two seats have the heaters, all wired up and everything, albeit without the two buttons on the climatronic to turn them on....? I asked the dealer and he showed me a recent press release that said it was an extra? So I asked him can he change the climate unit so the heaters that are already fitted to the seats will work.... and I haven't had an answer yet.
Any advice / thoughts appreciated.
Thanks!
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

BMW are experimenting with monthly subscriptions to activate this kind of stuff. So everything is there, just programmed not to work unless you keep paying the £££.
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Mackers - are you sure those wires are for seat heating? They could be for the sensors which tell the car if the seat is occupied so the seat belt warning comes on.
Nick M
2022 Kamiq SEL Executive 1.5 DSG
Mackers

Post by Mackers »

Maybe. Encased in a big polystyrene unit, sure it's a heater.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Surely the heated seats use thin heated pads in the seat base and the back of the seat, not a big polystyrene unit?