Whether memory stick, or ipod, Kamiq says "No playable files"

The place to discuss everything else..
delstot

Post by delstot »

Hi Guys. My nearly 2 month old SEL tells me that there are no playable files in "Media" each time on start up. The 'media' in this case is either a usb memory stick or an ipod.
There are in fact 100's of playable files on both devices and by unplugging them, or jiggling them around a bit when they are plugged in, the content magically appears! This happens with either of the 2 USB type C connections, which I have bought 'C' to usb adapters for. I even bought a genuine Skoda accessory adapter (just in case) with exactly the same result. Does this sound like a fault, as it is too much of a coincidence that both devices will not play unless I carry out the unplugging/plugging in/jiggling about procedure each time that I start the car.
Many thanks
Del

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

I'm having similar issues with my iPod Touch 6th generation. Sometimes it just reverts to a different track on the iPod from a different album. Dealer says it's not compatible, but Skoda UK point at the manual which says its spec is. Dealer suggested a USB stick, so it's interesting to hear you're having the same issues with a stick. I think the website the dealer is using for reference is of phones tested and nothing more.
I've found switching to radio at the end of the journey before powering down has helped, but sometimes it still does the no playable files error. A soft reset (hold on/off for about 10 seconds) helps, but it does put a bang through the speakers that made me think something had hit the roof. I have been unplugging the iPod each time I leave the car and am using a third party lightning to USB C cable.

I'm due at the dealer on Saturday for the primary user issue and some oddities from the speed limit recognition. I'll be pressing them on the iPod but I'm not expecting any joy.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
delstot

Post by delstot »

Hi Neil - if you get any further with your media issue, perhaps you would post it. Cheers Del
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Hi Del,
Sat in the dealer now and they will send a report to Skoda alongside one for the speed limit recognition that gets confused.
Fingers crossed they might actually sort the Skoda Connect.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Have had an update from the dealer with a couple of options:
1. Try the device in another like vehicle, so that will be my dad's Kamiq.
2. Try a different device that is known to be compatible in the car.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Have just tried the iPod in my dad's car with similar issues or not resuming from the track it album it was left on. Someone on another forum did sort it with a memory stick, and I've had the exact same one delivered today, so will try that in a few days.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

Tried the memory stick and it's a slightly mixed bag. Having left the stick plugged in since Sunday night it's been perfect, but it seems unplugging it is problematic. Admittedly I've had three journeys, but it's behaving far more like the iPod did in the SEAT Ateca.
I'm due back at the dealer next Tuesday, so will keep monitoring and logging until then.
old man

Post by old man »

Just thoughts; I don't listen to much music in the car nowadays and I don't get arty farty about how I get my music from my computer to the car. I have a 64gb memory stick with C usb onto which I loaded my music from Windows media player (I've done it from I Tunes before which wasn't so successful), having formatted the stick beforehand. My music is showing up in media in the car, although there is no album art - not something that bothers me.
So I wondered if you formatted your memory stick first and if the source of the music you've loaded makes a difference ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post