Looking at buying

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Hello All.

Just joining the forum as looking at buying a Kamiq 1.0 115bhp manually.

I have a diesel car at the moment and commute around 100 miles each day for work. A good chunk of this is motorway driving. My diesel car returns around 55mpg.

I know the Kamiq is not that old but looking for some real world mpg from the 1.0 L engine.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi Gortex.
I have the 115 bhp engine & whilst that suites me fine (mainly short trips around town & very low mileage pa) & getting ave 40mpg I would have thought the 155 bhp would be better for the motorway journeys. It is quite a jump in price circa £1600 (I think) but I’m told it’s because it’s a 4 cylinder. The bigger engine would be working less hard & probably better on fuel than the 115 engine.
Remember...a Diesel engine is always going to give a slightly improved mpg when doing your type of journey & mileage.
Good luck
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

Go for the 150 diesel engine, pulls well and more MPG than the suggested 150 petrol.
Remember, your doing 100 miles per day, and if the fuel tank is as small as my 2019 Polo, you'll be for ever filling it up!
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

Unfortunately that model is not available in Ireland. I’m moving away from diesel too I feel it’s the right thing to do now that the 1.0 can do similar MPG. I have a deposit down on a demo car with all the bells and whistles including the Pan roof. 😊 according to the specs tank will do over 900km that’s more then my currant diesel seat Leon
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I endorse your sentiments of buying a diesel car. Ownership likely to become more of millstone over coming years (city tax etc). The Kamiq has a 50l fuel tank, don’t know how that compares with the vw.
I echo my earlier thoughts, the 150bhp would certainly prove better for high motorway miles. I took my demo car (it was a 150 so had no choice ) out onto the motorway & will say now, it performed very well. Clearly you are doing your research which sadly, many buyers do not do. Keen to hear your outcome.
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

I’m picking the car up on Wednesday so will pop some pictures up. This one is a launch model so has lots of extras. 😎
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Sounds great....looking forward to the pics.