Dissappointed About Bolero Infotainment

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

Hello folks,

Yesterday, I bought a new Kamiq 1.0 with Bolero Infotainment system hoping that I could easily use the Apple CarPlay function on my Iphone 7Plus.

I have spent some time trying to connect my Iphone 7Plus to the system with no success at all. Later, I've checked the Compatibility List on Skoda site to see that Iphone 7Plus is not being supported by Bolero. This is a big disappointment and frustration for me because Iphone 7 and Iphone 8 and 8Plus are being supported but not Iphone 7Plus.

Does anybody know if there is going to be any update on the system? Or will I have to replace my Iphone with a new one?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Caglar

hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

Hi guys,

I've finally found a solution. I had to reset the system to the Factory Defaults. Then the system recognized Iphone 7Plus and I'm able to use CarPlay.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I have a Kamiq SE with the Bolero infotainment system and I have an iPhone 7 (not Plus). I found that it links to CarPlay with no trouble when connected with a cable. It also workS almost as reliably when connected by Bluetooth as well. Overall I’m pretty impressed with the CarPlay system (this is the first car I’ve had with it.)

I’m glad you’ve resolved your connection problem - I hope it continues to work reliably.
hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

Ant wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:34 pm Hi. Welcome to the forum. I have a Kamiq SE with the Bolero infotainment system and I have an iPhone 7 (not Plus). I found that it links to CarPlay with no trouble when connected with a cable. It also workS almost as reliably when connected by Bluetooth as well. Overall I’m pretty impressed with the CarPlay system (this is the first car I’ve had with it.)

I’m glad you’ve resolved your connection problem - I hope it continues to work reliably.
Hello Ant,
Thank you for your reply.
The CarPlay is great but I'm still unable to connect via bluetooth. I think I'm doing something wrong. but could not figure out what yet.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Firstly welcome Hyperbiker, great to have you on board as we have very few active members. Hopefully members can help with any problems you come across.
I’m rather puzzled, I recognise you’re from turkey which explains you have the bolero infotainment system same as Ant.
I have the Amundsen system & I thought this was uk spec. Assuming Ant is uk based also with bolero, have I got Amundsen because is SE L spec. ???.
hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

Lofty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:40 am Firstly welcome Hyperbiker, great to have you on board as we have very few active members. Hopefully members can help with any problems you come across.
I’m rather puzzled, I recognise you’re from turkey which explains you have the bolero infotainment system same as Ant.
I have the Amundsen system & I thought this was uk spec. Assuming Ant is uk based also with bolero, have I got Amundsen because is SE L spec. ???.
Hello Lofty,

Honestly, I do not have any idea about the Kamiq models in the UK, maybe this is because it is an SE L spec. In Turkey, we have very limited versions of the car, and the specs mentioned in the brochures are not found in the actual cars.

I'm unable to see the Wi-Fi or Wlan option on the infotainment system, maybe my car is lacking some specs, although I've been told it is a full version while I was being sold the car.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi
I don’t know if you get the car ‘handbook’ when collecting the car but I’ve downloaded the on-line version & I must say it’s very comprehensive. (approx180 pages) A huge amount is dedicated to the 3 different infotainment systems.....Bolero, Swing & Amundsen . If you’ve not done it yet, I recommend you download the app it’s well worth it.
What was the spec of the car. Did you go for the 115ps engine or the smaller unit (95 I think ?.) & manual or auto.
What colour..
hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

Lofty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:55 pm Hi
I don’t know if you get the car ‘handbook’ when collecting the car but I’ve downloaded the on-line version & I must say it’s very comprehensive. (approx180 pages) A huge amount is dedicated to the 3 different infotainment systems.....Bolero, Swing & Amundsen . If you’ve not done it yet, I recommend you download the app it’s well worth it.
What was the spec of the car. Did you go for the 115ps engine or the smaller unit (95 I think ?.) & manual or auto.
What colour..
I've checked with the dealer/service in Turkey. Wireless connection is not possible, because it is optional, not standard on the car.
I've chosen the 1.0, 115ps engine, automatic and red color.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Nice colour, I also went for the 115 with DSG auto but in Titan Blue....ordered Dec 28 for March 1st on the road. There was a new blue just launched which I could have had but preferred Titan. I do like your wheels. Having the sel, the alloy wheels are my least favourite. I understand how you must feel about WiFi not being standard. I wanted “dynamic” indicators but it’s only fitted to rear, optional on front (how ridiculous is that). The door protector strips as shown on every blooming advertisement, not on my car ...it’s an option. Only found out AFTER car delivered.
hyperbiker

Post by hyperbiker »

This is how they make money, I suppose; with lots of lies and dazzling optional specs. Mine doesn't have protector strips either.