How many members have a Kamiq sitting on their drive?

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Ant.......it’s great to hear when a dealer (on my merc forum they were always referred to as ‘Stealers’) gives an excellent service with the customer feeling he had a good deal. My trade in value with the dealer was crap at £9k. I went to ‘We buy any car’ & got £10.2k.
You would have thought dropping from a 175 power unit to 115 would be very noticeable but your experience proves just what a great engine this is.

Ant

Post by Ant »

“Stealers”......like it! I’d got a We Buy Any Car online valuation of £15,250 but I’d curbed all four of the alloys so I figured they’d knock me back at least £300 for that. The dealer offered £14,700 Including the damaged alloys and they settled the outstanding finance meaning I could drive the old car there and drive away in the new one! The Seat dealer had said £13,500 to £14,000 but he really didn’t want to take it as a part ex, (Said it was a “niche” car - a Mazda 6 tourer!!!)
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

That’s the problem with we but any car, they offer an up front on line price then look for any minute reason to lower the price when examining the car. They offer 3 methods of payment. Same day (in the bank) with a charge of £45, next day £35 or no charge in the bank app 4 days (I’ll stand corrected on those prices) so anyone needing cash urgently is likely to go to them. They lowered the price on my car because the front tyres were at 3mm, they say they require a minimum of 4mm.
At the end of the day, as long as the owner feels he’s had a good or reasonable deal then that’s what matters
Guy Boy

Post by Guy Boy »

Evening all (sounds like Dixon of Dock Green)

Picked up my Kamiq 115 Tsi Manual in Moon White, Anthracite grey seats etc. yesterday.

Looks good and drives well - Just awaiting the spare wheel kit off the dealer, slow in arriving due to Covid delays.

Actually the first thing I did when I got home was give it a wipe over the interior with anti bac spray.

What strange times we live in...

I'll post a pic when my camera is charged up!

Regards
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Will look forward to seeing some photos. Saw a ‘Moon White’ Kamiq in a supermarket car park. Looked very nice.
Will also be interested in your thoughts & opinions when you’ve had chance to put a few mls on the clock.
netandtech

Post by netandtech »

I have a kamiq 1.5 automatic..
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi netandtech.
How about a bit more details. What spec Se/se L & what colour. Why did you choose the DSG..did you purchase off the park or spec the car (factory order) .any chance of some photos
Leacam2406

Post by Leacam2406 »

Yes I have the 1.5 TSI. I like mine except for the few wee problems I have had. Also the after sakes for skoda are disgraceful.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

We have a 2019 1.0 (116) SEL in Quartz Grey Metallic. 6 speed manual. It was reg and owned by Skoda and was the group managers car (1700 miles on it).

Had a small problem this week, the pipe connector had come off for the rear wash wipe inside the tailgate. Was in on Wednesday, and fixed whilst I waited. Very impressed with Skoda service.
Traded a 2008 Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dCi Tenka with 116,900 miles on it, ( and a few problems, electrics, head gasket weep, and turbo chirp) they gave us the best price by far that we had been offered.

We love our Kamiq. ( Now on a private plate.)
* Couple more pics added of wheels. Sorry it's dirty, difficult to keep clean in these conditions.

Rags.

IMG_20210102_121907.jpg

IMG_20210102_121925.jpg

2021-01-15-21-09-25.jpg

Last edited by Ragtag on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Very nice. How about a couple more photos maybe showing the wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post