Skoda Kamiq to have redesign this year

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Four years on from its initial production launch, the Skoda Kamiq is poised for a refresh. Technology updates and exterior design modifications combine to highlight the Kamiqs key characteristics, such as the rugged appearance of the Kamiq.

230718_Skoda-provides-first-glim (1).jpg

The new Kamiq will sport redesigned headlights, front and rear aprons and grille. New alloy wheels and tailgate lettering in line with Škoda’s updated CI elegantly complete the revamp.

Škoda Auto has released the first official exterior sketches previewing the refreshed Kamiq city SUV. The Czech carmaker has promised a progressive design and technology enhancements as well as features from higher vehicle classes. The updated Kamiq now has more visual presence. The upper element of the signature split headlights is now slimmer and has a more pronounced design. The larger and more upright Škoda grille presents distinctive double slats that form a U‑shape at the bottom. In the front apron, a painted area below the grille and an air intake accentuate the vehicle’s width, complemented by a sturdy silver diffuser that provides underbody protection. The rear diffuser consists of a wide upper section in black and a rugged silver-coloured lower section. The revised L-shaped light characteristic of the split tail lights visually ties in with the reflectors, which also adopt an L-shape.

The new Kamiq will be celebrating its digital world premiere on 1 August.

230718_Skoda-provides-first-glim.jpg

Allesandu

Post by Allesandu »

I look forward to the presentation
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Good to see the line being developed (especially when the Fabia's future is reportedly somewhat shaky) but I can't honestly say this looks a visual improvement. Maybe it'll look better in the flesh than weirdly lit renders.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Halin9

Post by Halin9 »

Wondering whether I should cancel my order, 1.5 MC due Sept., and re order for the new model..
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I honestly had to go out and look at the rear of mine to try to see a difference.
After a lot of looking, I think there is a slight, subtle change.

Rags.
Allesandu

Post by Allesandu »

Halin9 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:50 pm Wondering whether I should cancel my order, 1.5 MC due Sept., and re order for the new model..
As for me, the facelift Kamiq is more interesting (at lest "new" interior).
But unfortunately, you cant get new one earlier 2024 :(
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Skoda have now previewed the new lighting design:

Available at an additional cost, the 2024 Kamiq will be offered with matrix LED headlights.

The upper element of the signature split headlights is now slimmer and has an even more pronounced design. The main headlights beneath have grown in size and house the optional TOP LED Matrix headlights with distinctive hexagonal Matrix modules.

The digital world premiere of the refreshed Škoda Kamiq is slated for 1 August 2023.

2024-skoda-kamiq-facelift-teaser.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post