Fitting a CD player

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
willi

Post by willi »

Hi all - does anyone know if I can fit a CD player in my 2020 Kamiq Sel, it has a Amundsen media head and two USB-C ports.
The CD products I've looked at all require running Android 4.4 or with USB media player that supports .WAV file playback.
Any help with this would be most appreciated.
Thanks
willi

aaaaplay

Post by aaaaplay »

I’m OBDeleven there is an option to enable a CD player if installed.

But no MIB3 unit as far as I know has that as an option. Plus the Kamiq has the box normally located in the glovebox located behind the screen. Exact same box with a blanked off front.

You could try this, which emulates a USB stick but it doesn’t mention Skoda, VW or Audi in its comparability list. You’d also need a usb-c to usb-a adaptor.
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07DJ2FBJY ... UTF8&psc=1
willi

Post by willi »

Thanks for your response - I looked at the amazon unit but as you say its offered from 'Down Under' and it doesn't mention any of the VW group. I've looked at several similar units that appear to be UK based but they won't commit to saying if they would work in my car, only say (require Android 4.4 or with Usb media player that supports .WAV file playback).
I used the black box in the glovebox of my previously owned Karoq - used an SD card for music.
I'am just asking if its worth taking a punt with a CD player and using a C to A adapter ------ or does anyone really know if the Amundsen will support Android 4.4 or WAV file playback.
Cheers
willi