Spotify problem on Android Auto

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

I've had am Android update recently so am now running Version 12 SKQ1.211006.001

Coincidence perhaps but now find only way to load Spotify is, once USB cable connected from phone to car and Android Auto running (Maps live) THEN start Spotify on phone and when song starts playing, Spotify starts in car BUT only runs for that one song then freezes entirely

All other Android Auto apps work fine so this is a Spotify problem and back in the day when all was good, Spotify required NOT to be running elsewhere for A-Auto to take full control

Neighbour with same phone and Skoda Octavia so same system has exactly same problem - anyone else in this club who might have found the solution?

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

That's a new one!

Looks like no one has an answer.
If you are on farcebook, the Kamiq owner UK page may be of assistance. You will get lots of advice about everything else as well🙄 but eventually someone will give a proper answer.
Good luck withnit.
Let us know the result please...

Rags.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I had a weird one where I requested a song via Spotify, and AA incorrectly insisted Spotify wasn't installed. But it was fine when I tried again a few days later. Guess it might have been some kind of concurrency issue, but I only use Spotify in the car anyway, generally! Certainly some flakiness around it, anyway, but once running it's generally fine.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post