12 volt socket.

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Magian58

Post by Magian58 »

Does anyone know if the 12volt socket (cigarette lighter) can be isolated when the ignition is switched off. Seems to be constantly live. It's for dash cam purposes.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

I don't think so, at least not without a lot of work. most people use one of the two usb c ports in the centre console, they are only on with the ignition. I have used this method with no problems.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I looked into this. It's not easy. I just wired my dash cam to the fuse box direct, The instructions and comments are on here. That is quite easy.
Rags.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=102
Magian58

Post by Magian58 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:47 pm I don't think so, at least not without a lot of work. most people use one of the two usb c ports in the centre console, they are only on with the ignition. I have used this method with no problems.
My usb ports are live all the time so unfortunately that won't work either.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Magian58 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:32 amMy usb ports are live all the time so unfortunately that won't work either.
Are you sure? On our SE it's not as simple as them just being on with ignition, but they're definitely not full time. More like they're on whenever the car electronics have reason to be active. So say if I get into the car and plug my phone in, it will start charging even without the ignition on, but after a few minutes it'll stop, once the car electronics go to sleep again. Whether that's enough for your exact needs, of course, is another matter!
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021