Importing contacts from Android

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

After 12 months happy connectivity I've bought a new Android mobile running v11.
Wire-connected Android Auto works fast and perfectly for Googler Maps etc but I can't upload contacts presumably by Bluetooth
System keeps tellinf me that Something needs switching on (or off) on my phone but I just can't find what - any suggestions?

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

A pure guess, but go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone and you should get a list of devices which will include the car. Of there's a permission that needs changing I'd expect it to be there.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
old man

Post by old man »

NeilW wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:16 pm A pure guess, but go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone and you should get a list of devices which will include the car. Of there's a permission that needs changing I'd expect it to be there.
This is correct, it is in there somewhere. I had the same problem last year and me and my wife got there in the end, but I cannot remember exactly how. Not only that, but Android settings vary from phone to phone. so how I did it will be slightly different for the OP in his phone.
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Thanks; in the end I've deleted Skoda from Bluetooth on phone then re-paired and all well again . . . for now

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post