Kamiq Delays

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Bandicoot

Post by Bandicoot »

Ordered a new Kamiq back in June 21 just had a message from main dealer saying it could be another 6 months before delivery ? A whole year to deliver a new car ? I know about the semiconductor shortage but come on it's taking the .... Surely.

Chiguy

Post by Chiguy »

Have read several similar posts on the forum concerning long delivery for new Kamiq's. I would be tempted to ask for my deposit back and then search for a Kamiq that has been either a "staff" car (as I did ) or demonstrator. Most main dealers seem to allocate a small number of cars for 6 months from new for this purpose , then sell them as "used" with low mileage (1000 mls or so) at considerable discounts. An added bonus is that if there are any "glitches" they come to light during the first 6 months, and are sorted before they are sold - good for their reputation !
Scooby26

Post by Scooby26 »

This is a worry- ordered mine in nov and told early April- no one able to give me any update and my current car is due back or will need expensive service, not and brakes!
Wattagit

Post by Wattagit »

It Must be Model / Options related

I ordered the 1.0 115ps SE L with Heated Windscreen last week of November and am picking it up in 15 mins
Bandicoot

Post by Bandicoot »

Well after a long wait I had a call from my dealer 14th Feb to say my Kamiq is at the port in Germany awaiting delivery , I should receive it within the next two weeks ? He also said out of all the cars transported to the port there were only 40 kamiqs coming into the UK .
Gazza

Post by Gazza »

Now im worried i just ordered mine a few days ago and was told 13 weeks to collect then they got me to sign a notice saying there was a war on and it may effect delivery times, i just hope im not waiting 12 months as that is a joke.
NikoD

Post by NikoD »

Has anyone got anymore info on this?

I ordered mine last week (12th July) and was told delivery says 12 weeks but to expect delays but at the moment they are coming in around the 12-16 week mark.

I hope thats the case right now as i originally cancelled my order with kia for this exact reason as i was told 21 weeks and then it turned into delivery by December.
Was more than happy to wait for 12 week wait for the Skoda. Also does anyone know after how long from the moment of placing the order do they start making the car?
I ordered the 1.5 monte carlo.
Thanks
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I spoke to the dealer when I picked up the new ( was in stock) motor on monday.

I asked why they had one in stock when they were saying they were having trouble getting them, and a big waiting list? But that's another story
He said they had been told to be very careful with delivery dates due to the chip availability problem, and the war In Ukraine.
But they do have stock coming through a lot quicker than first thought now, so it should get a lot better.

Rags.
Ali748

Post by Ali748 »

Its good that even though skoda are having problems,their used prices are still at decent price levels unlike ford who are absolutely ripping people off with the prices of their pumas,£16500 for a 19 plate kamiq with auto park, adaptive cruise, rear camera etc with 9000 miles verse a puma at the same age and similar spec for over £2000 or £3000 more?
Tin Head

Post by Tin Head »

I ordered my new 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo in velvet red August 26th and the Dealer advised 16weeks delivery which makes it around Dec 16th , will just wait and see, I have an agreed trade in price with the written order for my Octavia Scout which is ok , but if it goes past 16 weeks I hope they still honour it , has anyone experienced a problem with values .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post