Fuel consumption.

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Been on a bit of a road trip this weekend.
Ended up in a smooth flowing run of traffic for a few miles at a steady speed....
Was amazed when my co-pilot pointed out our consumption. (Her photo, not mine!)
( 2019 1.0 SEL manual 6680 miles.) :D :o

Rags.

Screenshot (55).png

DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Nice. We hit 60 on good motorway runs, but that's another level. We do tend to keep the air con on though.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Anyone noticed detrimental impact of using new E10 petrol; I've had two long drives to south of England in 1500 c.c. Kamiq, one pre other post E10 and I'm sure average consumption on long steady N-way drive dropped from c 50 MPG to sub 48, so circa 4% reduction with government assuring us that we should not see more than 1% reduction

Pants-on-fire me thinks
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

Just collected my kamiq 1.0 110 DSG, coming from an Mk8 Golf 1.5 DSG I was getting on my usual morning run to work 51 to 55 mpg same run in the Kamiq and it's doing 41 currently. I do hope once the engine runs in a little more this will increase.

I do find that the DSG shifts gear a little fast than my golf did but I guess it's just something I will get used to.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

That’s very disappointing & a big gap but my view is, you ignore anything to do with mpg & performance until at least 1000 mls is on the clock. Some may say higher mls, even 5k (but each to their own)
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

My fuel consumption is rubbish on my daily commute to work. On a good day I might get 30 mpg going to work but it's usually only 20 mpg going home. It's only a 2.5 mile run each way. I usually have to sit in traffic going home so it's a longer journey time. On a longer run out I get much better fuel consumption.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Not sure which engine you're on Richard but certainly I would say the 110 1.0 is disappointing on the short run, but comes into its own on longer ones. However still under the 5k as mentioned by Lofty, so perhaps unfair to judge.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

Owners of the 1.0 do you think the gear change on the DSG are far too soon, mine just seems to want to get to 7th as fast as possible regardless of speed. Yesterday I took a roundabout in 5th 😂. My 1.5 Etsi golf was such a good engine and easily get 45+ mpg even driving it fast.

So I do wish I had waited and got the 1.5 as this 1.0 is not good.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Mine is the Kamiq SE TSi with the 1.0L 115bhp engine.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

mattbates85…..firstly I think you’ll find the 3 pot 1l is 115 bhp not 110. Having come from a 1.5 125bhp merc with DCT I find very little difference. I know the DCT ‘learns’ your driving techniques & will adjust accordingly. Does the DSG have a similar function, I don’t know as I’ve been more than happy with my auto & I love the neutral that engages on coasting (although not to everyone’s liking). On the DCT you can ‘reboot’ the cpu, does the Kamiq have a similar facility (worth asking Skoda/VW).
As said, I personally don’t have a problem with the gear change sequence. I’d rather it change a bit earlier than see the revs climbing.
Would spending a couple of days using manual & see if that alters the box ?.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post