Horn Location

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Anyone know exactly where the horn is located and how best to access as my SE only has a single horn and I really want to upgrade this to something beefier

old man

Post by old man »

Let us know what you end up doing. The horn on the SE L is pretty dire as well.
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Hi It's under the LH side front wheel arch, I fitted a twin horn to mine as it was a single fairly easy to do.
If you pop off the push fit connector on the horn itself and use bullet connectors to go to your new horn it saves you cutting into the original connector.
I bought these:
HELLA 3FH 007 728-831 Trumpet Horn - TE16 - 12V - 110dB(A) - Frequency Range: 400/500Hz - Electric - Housing Colour: Black - Flat Plug-in Connector - Set
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.
old man

Post by old man »

Billbobaggins1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:43 am Hi It's under the LH side front wheel arch, I fitted a twin horn to mine as it was a single fairly easy to do.
If you pop off the push fit connector on the horn itself and use bullet connectors to go to your new horn it saves you cutting into the original connector.
I bought these:
HELLA 3FH 007 728-831 Trumpet Horn - TE16 - 12V - 110dB(A) - Frequency Range: 400/500Hz - Electric - Housing Colour: Black - Flat Plug-in Connector - Set
The horn isn't visible in there, does this entail taking out the wheelarch liner to gain access ?
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

You will have to remove your wheel to gain better access, then remove the inner arch half way should do, about 10 screws or so and a few on the underside too, just be careful when pulling the cover back.
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.
old man

Post by old man »

Billbobaggins1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:18 pm You will have to remove your wheel to gain better access, then remove the inner arch half way should do, about 10 screws or so and a few on the underside too, just be careful when pulling the cover back.
Thankyou :D
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Thanks from me too; BillboB, please confirm you did NOT need to add an extra relay or separate power feed for the horns you used, you simply swapped old single out and new twin in
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Hi No extra relay required they do not draw that much current, fuse rating also good so no need to change that either.
Good Luck!
HareLaw

Post by HareLaw »

Thank you very much
hondafatboy

Post by hondafatboy »

Billbobaggins1 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 am Hi No extra relay required they do not draw that much current, fuse rating also good so no need to change that either.
Good Luck!
Just ordered one in UK.

Thanks Billbo