Rear view mirror usb

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
pat_b_uk

Post by pat_b_uk »

Does anyone have the optional usb c port near the rear view mirror and use it for a dash cam? I picked up a new kamiq recently and only just got a usb c to micro usb cable. When I connect to the the USB port, it doesn’t power the camera. I can charge my phone from the USB port. And the camera works when the cable is connected to a mains USB adapter. So I’m guessing the problem is that the USB port doesn’t supply enough power. However, I assume that the whole point of this port is to power a dash cam given its position. Has any had any success in this area?

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Don't have one there on mine.
I would have thought it would be the same power output to all USB ports??

Perhaps try a different cable. I found that when I was using C to C for my phone, one cable didn't work, but another ( better quality) one did.

Good luck with it.

Rags.
Chiguy

Post by Chiguy »

I don't have this USB on my 2020 Kamiq 1.5 SE either. I only have the two on the lower central consol. Maybe it's an addition in the latest spec. cars !
pat_b_uk

Post by pat_b_uk »

It does seem that the cable was the issue. I got it working with a different one. Just strange that the one I had worked when connected to the mains but not the usb.
HeatherN

Post by HeatherN »

I have a usb c port by the rear view mirror.
I've bought a really decent dash cam but it needs to be connected for parking monitoring. Does this usbc power constantly like a hardwire (as I was sold by the skoda dealer) or is this just another usb port for when driving?
Hardwiring will be a pain in the bum! :idea: :?
Skoda Newbie

Post by Skoda Newbie »

HeatherN wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:56 am I have a usb c port by the rear view mirror.
I've bought a really decent dash cam but it needs to be connected for parking monitoring. Does this usbc power constantly like a hardwire (as I was sold by the skoda dealer) or is this just another usb port for when driving?
Hardwiring will be a pain in the bum! :idea: :?
https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... a0af3808e7

In this thread it would appear that it operates only when the ignition is on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post