Infotainment system

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Kezza_802

Post by Kezza_802 »

Hi wondering if anyone can help. We have owned ourkamiq for 10 months now, but it’s been in garage 6 times. Every time for infotainment error. It seems they send updates but my system just cannot take them and the user profile just spins and won’t upload. Does anyone else encounter this. Is there a way I can override it. Thanks

old man

Post by old man »

Probably a pointless question, but are you signed up to Skoda Connect ?
Kezza_802

Post by Kezza_802 »

Yes we are
old man

Post by old man »

Kezza_802 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:15 amYes we are
I can't be much help then. I do know that this latest system has had/is having teething problems and is not as liked as its predecessor. My wife has a Golf 8 with the same system and there's many reports of problems there as well.
I assume your dealer has tried basic remedies like rebooting the system and /or a factory reset. It has to be said that some dealers are not au fait with every aspect of new cars. e.g. I've had to tell both the salesman at my dealership and the aftersales manager at the VW dealership how to update the sat nav mapping.
If your dealer hasn't tried a reboot or factory reset, it's worth trying these yourself as they're easy to do and sometimes it's the simple things that work. I know from experience that a reboot can cure some ills, but if you try it, do it 3 times in succession. If you don't know how to do it, come back and ask.
Sparkybruce

Post by Sparkybruce »

There are TPI's about this and my Kamiq was upgraded a few weeks ago from 0156 to 0278 base software to help fix this.
berkhoutrj

Post by berkhoutrj »

Could you please elaborate what a TPI is and what the result is of the upgrade from0156 to 0278 base software
old man

Post by old man »

[quoteTPI = Technical Product Information.

A bit like an internal dealer memo that warns of defects and recall][/quote]

I don't know what the numbers mean, but your question is a good one and I wish people would elaborate more in their posts.
blossom

Post by blossom »

We purchased a Kamiq earlier this year but the radio has never been listenable, we asked Skoda dealer and they said theres a workaround, just use your iphone and while this is a temporary fix, on long trips Im just using my phone data. We have had the car looked at and apparently it's a 'known fault', we have been given the run around between the dealer and Skoda Australia, does anyone have any suggestions?
Dr Kam

Post by Dr Kam »

My radio is rubbish. Continuous interference and I unlistenable. If I had known it was cso bad I would never have bought the car.

There should be a recall.
Sparkybruce

Post by Sparkybruce »

Hello Dr Kam - do you have dash cameras by any chance? They can be a big source of interference for the radio and I had to fit ferrite clamp filters to my cameras cables to help stop this.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post