Boot sill protectors

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Brentnr

Post by Brentnr »

Hi,

I need to protect the boot sill from getting scratched when our dog jumps in or out. Skoda have 2 types, a foil or a rubber strip and I have no previous experience of either type.

Has anyone used either to stop a dog scratching the sill and if so did it work (or not)?

Cheers

old man

Post by old man »

I refer you to this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180&sid=5b5678212ba ... 833f4d3e96 which was initially about door sill protection and then spread to boot lip protection as well.
You'll see that Lofty used Carbon style tape for his and I bought stainless strip for mine.
However I wouldn't recommend either for a dog because both of those leave the lower part of the bumper unprotected.
I would recommend a boot liner and bumper protector such as this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224246338520 ... %3A2334524 Because as you can see, it not only protects the boot but also the bumper too.
Have a search on E bay, Amazon and I think maybe Skoda might do their own as well, although that will be pricier.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I agree with ‘old man’ but having said that, whilst I have not had a problem with the Carbon style tape that has remained firm & well stuck to the bodywork, I really did like the appearance of the stainless steel. It gives a professional appearance whereas the tape was a bit of a make it fit job.
Brentnr

Post by Brentnr »

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will go for the belt and braces approach, i.e. a boot liner and a layer of protection on the sill. The dog has a tendency to get a bit excited when we arrive somewhere and doesn't always wait for us to unfold a liner so the added protection on the sill itself would be useful.
SkodaParts

Post by SkodaParts »

Would something like this help

658061210.jpg

Genuine SKDOA Parts & Accessories at Trade Prices
All shipped directly to your door.
Get in touch today!
https://skodapartsdirect.co.uk/?utm_source=Forum&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=Forum&utm_id=Kamiq+Forum