Wireless phone charging

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Scurdie

Post by Scurdie »

Hi all want to add wireless phone charging to 2021 Kamiq SEL .
Does anyone know official part number or good aftermarket solution ?

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi.
It depends on what phone you have.
Can't comment on iPhone, but Android need Android 11.
If you haven't got 11, there is a way around it if you search youtube for wireless connection to Kamiq.
Good luck with it
Rags.
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Think Ragtag might be confusing with wireless Android Auto. That certainly requires Android 11 for most brands. Don't think charging would be version-dependent.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Scurdie

Post by Scurdie »

To be clear I am asking about Phone charging NOT connectivity.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Oops. Sorry. senior moment.
Not got any idea myself. I did see an aftermarket unit that plugs into the 12v socket, but that's just wires again.

Good luck with the search.

Rags.
ixbix

Post by ixbix »

Hi All,

I have a similar query. This is my first Skoda and so far I'm loving it.

My only frustration is that even though the wireless CarPlay is great, it drains the battery and 2 usb-c ports are a bit limiting. I've tried 2 usb-c hubs and so far they work for charging but none work for music so I am assuming they are transferring power but not data.

The wireless chargers I've seen have nothing to hold the phone in place so even if I plug it into the 12v socket and put the charger in the centre compartment, I'd imagine it would slide about while driving defeating the purpose.

Like @Scurdie asked though if I could get a part number I could try and fit it or get it to a garage but I'd also take a look at any aftermarket solutions please as maybe I'm overlooking something simple?
old man

Post by old man »

I am assuming they are transferring power but not data.
I have my music collection on a memory stick plugged into one of the USB C ports which plays on the infotainment system, so they do transfer data.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I have Android, running A10. I found that the first cables I used were cr@p, and only charged but were poor for connection and data transfer. I purchased a more expensive cable, and bingo! great for transfer, maps, A Auto, and everything else. Still doesn't solve the wireless charging problem though.

My mate has a Ford . He has purchased a wireless charging unit, taken the little cubby place at the bottom of the dash out ( Like the one in ours), and glued it in under the plastic. He wired it into the 12v plug at the side of it ( On his car the 12v goes off when the ignition is turned off). It works well as the phone doesn't seem to slide about.

Rags.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post