Stop Start deactivation

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Exkiwi

Post by Exkiwi »

Has anyone on your side of the world managed to permanently turn off S/S yet on a 2021 model with either OBDEleven or VCDS
Trying to find out before spending $50 AU on a cable that will do it

old man

Post by old man »

I don't know with certainty, but Skoda (and others I imagine) are making it impossible to turn off certain functions permanently.
I came here from the Kodiaq section and there's been a lot of chatter regarding this type of thing and the fact that certain functions cannot now be permanently turned of.
I'm not keen on the S/S, so in my old Kodiaq I taught myself to turn it off at the start of every journey and this becomes almost automatic after a while.
In my Kamiq, it's even easier to switch off because the button is nearer to hand than in the Kodiaq.
Exkiwi

Post by Exkiwi »

Yes Im aware of all that as I have a 19 Tiguan which I have done 32 Electronic mods to , most of which cant be done to latest models.. Thats why I asked if anyone has managed to do it over there as so far no one in Aus has.

Trying to save a bit as the cheater cable (which works) is $50 AU
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I've looked at a Carly device. It fits into the OBD plug, and you use an app to turn most things on or off, change wiper speeds, lights on time after park etc.
They have a deal where you get all access for a month, then a subscription.
That is plenty of time to change your settings. The things you can do are on the listing...

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/skoda/kamiq/1st-gen

Rags

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post