Sill protection covers/kick plates.

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Just got My Kamiq on Saturday and it's apparent that the door sills will get easily marked when entering/exiting the car.
I've had a quick search online and there isn't a glut of protection plates about, but those that are available only supply sets of 2 or 4 i.e. one for each door, but each door sill has a double step, so could do with 2 plates per door.
I see that there's lengths of sticky plastic available which I'm dubious about, so has anyone fitted protections plates and if so, what did you buy and are they any good ?

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi old man (from another old man) I had protection plates on my previous car but as you say, the Kamiq sills don’t lend themselves to easy fitment. I bought the ‘sticky tape’ as I wanted to protect the rather large boot sill. Couldn’t find anything wide enough for the boot sill so ‘doubled up’ on the width. Not a perfect answer as has to be cut to allow for curvature but my priority was to protect the sill as I felt it was rather vulnerable.

E794FBE3-9C5D-4436-8BBB-96B275E218E3.jpeg

130D7B5D-355C-4C31-A222-07A98CFFE801.jpeg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I would add, fitted this some 10 months ago & not signs of lifting. Bought off Amazon
old man

Post by old man »

Lofty wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:32 am I would add, fitted this some 10 months ago & not signs of lifting. Bought off Amazon
Thankyou for that. I didn't think I'd like the carbon effect, but it looks fine on your sills (same colour as mine :D ), although I'm not so keen on the boot lip double up job.
I take it that the width I see on your sills is the width it comes in and I assume that will also fit on the sill below the top one that you've covered ?
Will it fold over corners or is it too stiff and I don't suppose you have a link to the ones you bought ??
Sorry about all of the questions. :oops:
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Accept your comments re the boot sill. I have seen some fantastic (thick) rubber sill covers but they are very expensive — £50 plus.
The length fitted on the door sill was what I had left from the roll after fitting the boot so not enough to cover both upper & lower lip.
It is quite thick & you would struggle to get it around tight corners. There is a variety of sizes (width) both on Amazon & eBay. Sorry don’t have the link but you will find plenty of choices. Good luck.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

C298F3FC-6CD0-453C-9794-F617D0711885.png

23C2B826-4342-477A-8C7C-8C0F215CDE9E.png

Take a look (eBay only)
old man

Post by old man »

Lofty wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:15 pm Accept your comments re the boot sill. I have seen some fantastic (thick) rubber sill covers but they are very expensive — £50 plus.
The length fitted on the door sill was what I had left from the roll after fitting the boot so not enough to cover both upper & lower lip.
It is quite thick & you would struggle to get it around tight corners. There is a variety of sizes (width) both on Amazon & eBay. Sorry don’t have the link but you will find plenty of choices. Good luck.
Many thanks for all that Lofty, I'll have a look.
I found a supplier of bumper protectors on e bay today which are cut to shape from the same type of material as yours. I've messaged the guy who's in Portugal to ask if he'll do/does Kamiq ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as they're only £12 posted. Maybe he'll do door sill ones too :D :D
I'm certainly not paying £50 + for a bit of plastic as I can find stainless ones for less than that, albeit not for a Kamiq.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Let me know how you get on, could be interested 👍
old man

Post by old man »

Lofty wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:50 pm Let me know how you get on, could be interested 👍

Will do :D
Exkiwi

Post by Exkiwi »

Have had transparent 3M film on my cars for last 10 years and no scratches on any of the sills. You just have to know how to apply it .
https://www.ozishield.com.au/installation/

I have bought some on ALiExpress as the genuine 3M would be about $80 and the Ching suff is $15 Will see how it goes as dont get car for two weeks.

Have also bought mats and mudflaps from Skoda- parts i for very good prices

https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/kam ... es-10.html