Skoda SOS problems?

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Saw this report ( screenshot of Guardian newspaper article) elsewhere, but it's got a pay block on it.
It appears Skoda ( and all the VW group) have a problem with more vehicles than they are making out.
I couldn't get the whole report, but it looks like some people have had massive problems, Skoda have been saying they don't know the cause, but it's quite common. Affecting the SOS button activating, Infotainment going mad, and sat nav not giving correct location.
The woman who had severe problems has now had a replacement vehicle.
Rags.

Screenshot_2021-05-02-08-57-55-847.jpeg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Well spotted Rags. Certainly members of this forum will be well informed if they start to experience these problems although it does appear that Skoda don’t know how to remedy the defect.
LondonKamiq

Post by LondonKamiq »

Got sent this article by a lot of people who know me since I got a full refund on the Kamiq after they couldn't fix it and id had enough after a few months. I really feel sorry for owners going through this who are less clued up with their purchase rights. Skoda really trying to take people for a ride. Im now really contemplating avoiding VAG altogether :shock: .
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Was this the single fault that caused you to return the car or where there other issues/problems
LondonKamiq

Post by LondonKamiq »

This issue causes a heap of related errors. I spend alot of time in the car and there would be periods daily (sometimes 8+ hours) where i was driving with no sat nav, radio, center screen just stuck on loading, microphone disabled so cant use bluetooth for phone and charging points were pointless because they threw my phones gps off. Headlights adjusted for wrong side of the road. Obviously this is ontop of the fact the SOS system stops working which oddly i wouldn't have cared as much about. It was just all the other issues it caused that wound me up.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post