2021 Skoda Kamiq Review

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
MattBrandCars

Post by MattBrandCars »

Hey everyone, Skoda recently gave me a Kamiq to spend the week with and I thought you guys as owners/enthusiasts would appreciate it most!

Happy to answer any questions you might have about my experience with it, but suffice to say, the Kamiq is an incredible value car and surprisingly awesome!

Full review here: 

Cheers

- Matt

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Great review Matt. Saw it earlier on Farcebook. Honest, enjoyable informative. And a great car to be talking about.
I did exactly the same thing when I first heard the 3 pot engine/turbo sound. A bug evil grin!
It's interesting the way different countries get different bits of spec. All those nets! The broken ice pattern DRL's ( I have them on the SEL, but seen another without in UK). The interior of your review car was exactly the same colour and spec, but I have the round (2019) steering wheel but the same black roller buttons, with the Amundsen head set.
Keep up the great reviews. Thanks for the post.
Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Fantastic review & a big vote of confidence for us as owners on the choice we made to purchase the Kamiq.
I had to smile Rags at his criticism of adjusting the fan (blower) speed. My biggest moan.
Jippy

Post by Jippy »

Great review Matt, delivered with so much enthusiasm.

I test drove the same model early this year. The dealer advised this was still the 2020 model and that the 2021 model would arrive in the next shipment to Australia. I ordered the 2021 model which arrived mid-March.

Admittedly this is splitting hairs in terms of your test because there is not a great deal of difference in the models. The 2021 model doesn’t have the nets in the boot. The numerous nets in the 2020 model was indeed overkill however it would have been useful to at least retain one in the 2020 model.

Also there is now no rechargeable torch in the boot. I thought the torch was a good feature and would have liked that too. Seems they saved some money by dropping the nets and torch, though the car price did not change.

On the plus side the 2021 model does have a new style steering wheel which I like better than the previous one. It has chrome roller buttons and other button and styling differences.

Just to confuse the issue further, the 2021 car I bought was still built in late 2020. I would have preferred to wait for the 2021 build as this is what is quoted when selling cars. However cars take a long time to reach here, particularly with the delays currently due to Covit-19 and I was not prepared to wait at least several more months!

Anyway thanks again for the great review.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post