Headlights Adjusted for driving on the Right

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

An update on my car. I recently undertook a 250 mile round trip on a mixture of hilly rural A roads (lots of villages with speed limits) and city centre streets. The good news is that the fuel consumption was 49mpg at an average speed of just over 40mph.

The bad news is that on each leg of the journey the headlight fault occurred. It only happened once on each leg and not in the same place. So whatever Skoda has asked the dealer to do hasn't worked. Also had the bizarre experience of driving along a stretch of dual carriageway with both the traffic sign display and the speed limit warning on the speedo telling me I could do 110mph! Haven't had the headlight fault again since that journey but the TSR continues to display incorrect speed limits for about 30% of the time.

Passed this on to the dealer and he advised that there have been two interesting developments.

Firstly Skoda are no longer asking him to aimlessly change parts as they are now working on fix, to date it hasn't been made available.

Secondly the dealers Scala Monte Carlo demonstrator has developed the same fault.

It's shame that such a nice car is being let down by unreliable technology.

Will keep you posted on developments

Sparkybruce

Post by Sparkybruce »

Yes - it is sad but true - they are great cars - when the software works.
I do get the feeling that we are all Skoda's beta testers (Alpha testers in some cases).
Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

Hi All, Just a quick update, I had the latest software updates done by dealer on 2nd June and so far no more 'Headlights Adjusted for driving on the Right', they completed 16 updates in total and it took nearly 2hrs to complete.
Hopefully that will be it for now, the only other small niggle is that 3 of my alloys the lacquer is delaminating, a warranty issue.....
Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post