Suggestions welcome

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Has anyone any suggestions for fitting a protect ‘strip’ on the tail gate sill. Maybe an obsession but I’m desperate to avoid scratching the (rather wide) sill by the boot. I often carry a folding ladder & tools when working at my daughters house. I did buy a rubber protector from Amazon (plenty to choose from) but the curve in the bodywork means it needs cutting. I did buy a 100mm wide ‘carbon fibre’ tape but the adhesive tape was poor quality plus it needed cutting along its length. I’ve used 2 x 50mm tape runs & you can see I’ve made cuts to allow for the curve. Anyone purchased a better application or any ideas

9BEFC6CB-DF76-49E3-A726-456D6FEBC2BE.jpeg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

BEC05E49-26D0-434A-8E19-2A49CB39CE9A.jpeg

Looks perfect but not a good fit
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

On my last car, I used Carbon weave look wrap off Fleabay. Just cut it to shape in two strips. No pics I'm afraid, but it was easy to do, and lasted three years being bashed.
Easy to remove with a hair dryer afterwards if required.
Rags.
veteranstv

Post by veteranstv »

Very interested in the options for this. As you can see I need to be careful of the finish. Her claws are like lances!!!

IMG_20181208_112142a.jpg

Billbobaggins1

Post by Billbobaggins1 »

kam-rbsill-dz4.jpg

Kamiq 1.5 DSG MoteCarlo, Heated Front Seats, Heated Windscreen, Climate Control,ACC,Keyless entry and start/stop,Drive mode select,Rear view camera,Front and rear parking sensors,Electrically operated boot.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I looked on the Kopacek page last night. Found that protection pad and registered to order one. (29.99 € )
Then it said that at 2.1 kg, it was too heavy to post, and contact them via a help email.. that seems very heavy for a rubberised strip..? Can't find the postage cost anywhere on their web page anyway.
I've sent a message, but no reply as yet.
I'll update further.
Rags.