Kamiq what I like & don’t like

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Following on from a previous thread here are my opinions on the Skoda Kamiq.
I love
The engine, brilliant, lively, flexible & plenty of torque considering it’s a 3 pot 115bhp. The auto box, big improvement on my previous dual plate clutch & the neutral coasting gives much improved mpg. All round vision with narrow screen pillars. Seat adjustment & comfort. I love the heated front screen, brilliant option I chose at time of order. I like that the intermittent windscreen wipers have a variable speed adjustment. Finally I love the fact that that I can open or close one or all door windows with the remote.
I don’t love (alright hate)
The number of actions to adjust the heater fan speed & that you have to take eyes off the road to do this. Heated wing mirror control, difficult position & no warning light (yes I know it auto turns off but can’t ever remember having a car that didn’t have this warning. Virtual cockpit...simply to many options to choose from & probably 80% would never use.
What irritates me
Folding seats that don’t fold flat enough...almost like a ski jump with the angle they rest at. (Had a jazz a few yrs ago that was virtually flat so spoilt I expect). No illumination on vanity mirrors, very surprised & disappointed.

These are my opinions & I know members will agree or disagree with these. I would be interested in other members thoughts & opinions & perhaps list their views. Let’s make the forum more interesting.

Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

There is a thread on this already a couple down Lofty.

Don't know if Admin can put the two together?
I agree with all that you say.
Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

hear what your saying Rags but the previous thread had very little response. There are 82members on the forum but it’s only about the same half dozen members that seem to contribute. I know one comment made was that perhaps “members are not experiencing any problems therefore showing what a good car it is”, but forums like this are not just for problems but general experiences, thoughts & opinions.
I thought (& hope) that the heading on this new thread might generate a few more contributions. The fitting of the dash cam was a great example on the benefit of forums. I don’t know if it will stimulate more contributions from members. Let’s wait & see.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I get your drift.
I thought you had just missed that one, and I agree.
Rags.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I've used the car a bit more now and I'm getting used to its Pros & Cons.

Likes..
Comfort. The engine, very smooth for a 3 pot, and surprisingly capable. Gear change is smooth as silk. Cabin space is excellent.
Fuel economy. And boot space. It's only a fraction smaller that the old Qashqai I had before considering its on the Audi A3 / Polo floorpan.
The nice big Amondsen screen is great, and, once the dash lay out was decided, I love that. Turning circle is super.
Dislikes....
The stupid layout for turning the fan up or down. "Press heating menue, look at screen to move slide up or down on it, then press the menus to return to the screen you want, if using Android Auto it's another 2 presses to get back to it." Rediculous! Why not have a command on 'Laura' , " Turn fan up to 3..4..5 etc" or a button/slide on the heating panel?
No hard/anti wear edge to the carpeted lump next to the excellerator pedal? I can see that wearing very quickly. Both my wife and I have both commented on our foot being against it when driving.
And I know it's now a directive, but the lane assist is a pain to have to switch off every time you start the car. It's ok on the motorway, but urban roads are terrible.
No light on the passenger sun visor mirror. This is the only car I've had in the last 15 years that hasn't had one.
And that's about it!
Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

We’re obviously very much in unison 👍
One omission on my list....why do I have 1 third of my camera screen blocked when I engage reverse. I pass my house on the left then reverse into the drive, initially the left third of the screen has a ‘pencil’ picture of the car but I cannot see the wall on my drive. I know it then returns to the full screen but I have to keep manually cancelling screen to go to full view. Any thoughts appreciated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post