Condensation

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Giorgos

Post by Giorgos »

As xenon lights have problems with condensation, why skoda still use this old technology on a brand new car? A month ago i got my new skoda kamiq and i am totally disappointed. The seller did not inform me of that problen. I consider that i was deceived by skoda.

NeilW

Post by NeilW »

The headlights are ventilated rather than sealed. The manual does mention this is expected.

This link may also explain what's happening.
https://www.carlightblog.com/2018/10/23 ... rry-about/

Screenshot_20210103_190242_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
Giorgos

Post by Giorgos »

Thank you for your answer. Why Skoda still use old technology of xenon lights? Your dealer should inform me about this defect (condensation) before I buy my Skoda. I would prefer to buy another brand who does not have this problem. Condensation change dramatically the appearance of the car. I spoke with Mercedes and Lexus technical department and they had never this problem. I feel that I just lost my money. Very disappointed of this car.
NeilW

Post by NeilW »

I'm fairly sure the lights on the Kamiq are either LED or regular halogen in some markets. Xenon isn't mentioned in the manual for UK cars.
Had a 2021 1.5 SEL manual with reversing camera and Simply Clever pack in quartz grey. After a number of mostly software issues, it's been replaced with a Kia Soul.
Giorgos

Post by Giorgos »

Yes indeed finally lights are led. My dealer UNICARS cyprus told me that they were xenon. Anyway still disappointed with this condensation story. I ve spoken with other dealers of other brands, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and they had never a complain of this kind. Anyway nothing can be done I suppose.