Talking to 'Laura'.

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I have the Amundsen headset, and have been trying to get used to using the personal assistant by just using speech.

First impression are that it's very good.
Some personal observations.....

It takes a while to get used to calling out "Ok Laura"...
I keep forgetting the name, so have had some very strange looks in traffic when calling out random girls names when alone in the car. :shock:

If you asking her to take you to a point on the sat have, make sure you say the location correctly, you may get directed to somewhere in a different country!

When asking her to dial a number, be clear with the name..... "Ok Laura ( or some other random name...) Ring San".
"OK, ringing Samantha Fox"..... NOOO! cancel.....

All in all, it's very good, turn down music, change radio channel to, fan up/down.... Etc.

I'll report further when I can remember her name. :roll:

Rags.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Thanks for info, very useful. I’ve struggled from the start but really interested in what Laura can do. From the start I didn’t realise that she could enter sat nav location & found that any instructions for the radio was non existent so at least now I will persevere. Any further info would be welcome.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

I have found that 'she' s very good.
Ring Fred mobile....."ok Laura, ring Fred mobile"....
Ok, Ringing Fred mobile.. . . Works great as long as the names are in your contact list.

Ok Laura, change radio to........ Works great.

Ok Laura, take me home. . . ( Already set on system by long hold on main screen when just down the road from home, I NEVER set home as my address. If car is stolen at a local walking area, or shopping centre, they have a good idea you are not at home!)
She sets routebupmon sat have and announces directions immediately. Very good.

Ok Laura, what's the latest sky news. . . " The headlines....."

Play Slade from Spotify " ok playing Spotify". ( This happened on BTooth and wired!)

I thought I had got her to turn the fan down /up, but I can't make her do it again. Perhaps I got that wrong.

So far, so good.
Rags
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Like the idea of changing fan speed as it’s a fairly long process having to open menu on climate control & having to take eyes off the road to adjust the slide button. Hate that process.
Got her to select Radio 1 (no comment) but couldn’t get her to change to local station. Did get sat nav to ‘go home’ but need to try imputing post codes (if that works)
Appreciate your ‘lessons’ Ragtag 😃😃👍
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Lofty wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 am Like the idea of changing fan speed as it’s a fairly long process having to open menu on climate control & having to take eyes off the road to adjust the slide button. Hate that process.
Got her to select Radio 1 (no comment) but couldn’t get her to change to local station. Did get sat nav to ‘go home’ but need to try imputing post codes (if that works)
Appreciate your ‘lessons’ Ragtag 😃😃👍
If you park just down the road, with the main screen on, hold your finger on the location you are at, it will open another POI and you can set it as 'Home' ,

Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Tried to get Laura to adjust fan speed today, she replied “Air conditioning controls not available with voice control” 😥😥
Tried several times to adjust radio volume control but without luck. Any suggestions/instructions welcome.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Lofty wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:49 pm Tried to get Laura to adjust fan speed today, she replied “Air conditioning controls not available with voice control” 😥😥
Tried several times to adjust radio volume control but without luck. Any suggestions/instructions welcome.
I haven't been able to get 'her' to do anything with the heating/ blower either. I must have touched or wafted at something when I thought she had turned it up. My mistake :roll:
Not tried the volume of the radio today either. I'll have another play tomorrow.
I still can't get Android Auto onto the main screen? Be it BT or via the cable.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Well Ragtag, you’ve had the car for a week now. What are your first impressions. What do you particularly like about the car plus what are you not so keen on. Interested to know.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Well.
I'm very impressed.
The acceleration and general power of the engine is impressive for a 1L.
The tech is still a bit ' interesting', and I still can't get Android Auto to work on the screen, but that will get sorted soon. ( Going in Wednesday, probable softwhere update)
The heater is super, but I think there should be just one action to turn the fan up or down, and you shouldn't have to look away from the road to do it!
I know it's only one button, then a slide of a finger on the screen, but.....
Cabin comfort is excellent. Not had a long journey yet, but I already think more comfier than the QQ.
Fuel economy is good ( 40 mpg round town), and the ride is smooth, even with the 18 inch wheels. Gear box is smooth and precise.
Cabin is pleasing to the eye, quiet, and visibility is good as the window pillars are quite slim.
My wife didn't really enjoy driving the Qashqai, but loves this.
Negatives.....
No light on the passenger sun visor mirror.
Fan control.

All in all. We love it!
Rags.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Quite intrigued reading your comments as it mirrors my thoughts very closely. First & biggest impression was the engine, couldn’t believe how lively & flexible the engine was for a 1L x 3 cyl engine, similar power to my previous car 1.5L 4 cylinder. Certainly the mpg is much better p, helped by the auto box engaging neutral when coasting. I get similar mpg to yourself. I echo your view on heater controls as previous stated by me on earlier threads. Hadn’t noticed the lack of illumination on the visors. I do love my heated front screen, specked by me when ordering the car following recommendations from both a friend & the salesman (brother of my daughters partner)
I also think the all round vision & cab comfort is excellent. Again as I’ve previously stated I think the ‘virtual cockpit’ is overloaded with too much selection.
It would be nice if other members would also add their likes & dislikes so come on guys, let’s have some of your views & get this forum a bit more active.