DSG Eco (Coasting) Mode

All Skoda Kamiq related discussions
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

Does anyone have any issues with the "Eco" mode in their DSG 1.0? I'm aware that when you take your foot of the accelerator the car would go into Eco and coast.

This only happens every now and then randomly, is this an issue? or just how it works? in my Volvo, it just does it every time you take your foot off the gas.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Purely random, engine & transmission temperature will be a factor as well as gradient.
I try to induce it (my little game) by gentle throttle then lifting my foot off. Sometimes it works other times not. Certain roads I travel in my town it will happen 90% of the time but not always…as said purely random
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

I'd guess it's not dissimilar logic to the almost incomprehensibly random stop-start system.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

Thanks for the feedback,

I agree with the start/stop! 99% of the time I turn it off as it’s useless with dsg box, I’ve had around 5 occasions when ready to pull out of a junction it’s decided to cut out!
old man

Post by old man »

mattbates85 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:20 pm Thanks for the feedback,

I agree with the start/stop! 99% of the time I turn it off as it’s useless with dsg box, I’ve had around 5 occasions when ready to pull out of a junction it’s decided to cut out!
Since I had my first car with start/stop in 2012 I've always turned it off and thus far it's been easy to do with an easily accessible button.
My wife has a MK 8 Golf with the same engine and DSG as my Kamiq, on which you have to trawl through the infotainment menu to turn it off. We therefore leave it on and thus far it has performed faultlessly.
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

To be honest the engine and dsg in the golf mk8 are very good, I had no complaints when I had mine.
mattbates85

Post by mattbates85 »

Lofty wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:26 pm Purely random, engine & transmission temperature will be a factor as well as gradient.
I try to induce it (my little game) by gentle throttle then lifting my foot off. Sometimes it works other times not. Certain roads I travel in my town it will happen 90% of the time but not always…as said purely random
i tried your little trick yesterday driving down the M6, worked a treat every time !!!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Great !!! Just goes to show the value of the forum.
It’s learning the tips & tricks from others that’s so satisfying