Battery dead

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Leacam2406

Post by Leacam2406 »

I am new to the forum and i have 20 plate skoda kamiq 1.5 petrol which quad only purchased 01/10 but in the last 5 weeks the battery keeps dying. I have had the technicians out from assist and they have told me the alternator is defective. The garage now has my car and they are adamant that the dash cam has knackered the battery.
I have spoken 2 3 different mechanics and an auto electrician who have all told me this is nonsense. They said even if I left my camera on for 3 days, I'd i drive the car it would recharge the battery.
Has anyone else had this problem. I am waiting on a manager from skoda phoning as the garage manager is useless

Needaliftdad

Post by Needaliftdad »

Hi and welcome

I have used dashcams for years in a variety of cars.

I am assuming that you are either powering it through the 12v "cigarette"plug or have wired it direct to the fusebox.

The issue with Skoda is that the 12v socket is live all the time.

I use an "addafuse" in the fusebox and piggyback it to a non-live circuit so it only switches on when the ignition is on.

I find it very difficult to believe that your dashcam has drained your battery unless it is constantly on and you rarely drive the car as you have mentioned.

Suppose the simple test would be to disconnect the dashcam for a few days and see what happens.

Other way would be to multimeter the battery when it is running and see what the voltage is.

Sorry cannot be much more help
Leacam2406

Post by Leacam2406 »

Thanks. We have escalates the issue now and we are getting smta involved to try to resolve our differences. I have my evidence from the Volkswagen tech that came to my house and consumer rights have helped me put letters in to he dealer.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

So sad that it’s come to that. With a new customer & a fairly new car you would have thought that customer service would have been more cooperative & sympathetic.....so short sighted of them

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post