Hello

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I have a Kamiq SE with the 114 bhp engine.

I've had it about 6 weeks and initially I loved it but sadly I'm starting to dislike it. My wife and daughter are complaining about the seats being uncomfortable but the thing that's starting to annoy me is the engine vibration through the steering wheel when accelerating or hill climbing at low speed. I've never had a 3 cylinder engine before so maybe it's normal, I don't know, but I've had a 2L diesel for the past 13 years so maybe I'm just not used to it?

On the positive side I like the light steering and tight turnining circle and the rear parking sensor which my previous car didn't have, so when it's up to speed it's quite nice to drive.

Richard,
Sheffield.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

If you are experiencing a vibration through the steering wheel then there is definitely a problem. GET IT BACK TO THE DEALER!!
Do not concern yourself with the 3 cyl engine, there are enough of them about now (not only VW group) but other manufacturers ie Ford who launched the 3 cyl eco boost some 8 yrs ago & they’ve all proved extremely successful.
Can’t comment on the seats as I’ve only ever been in the drivers seat but passengers have not made any negative comments.
Gortex

Post by Gortex »

I have also come from a 2.0 diesel to the 115bhp petrol I think it’s just a case of getting use to it On the plus side it’s a lot quite then the diesel.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Hello Lofty and Gortex, you both have the 115bhp engine like me, do you get any vibration, particulary on hills? I didn't notice it on the test drive but was probably more concerned about not damaging it. Maybe I will go back to the dealer after xmas is out of the way.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I have absolutely no problems with the engine at all & ive had my car now for 9 months. Yes, it’s my first 3 cyl & im really impressed with how lively the engine is. Admittedly I’m no boy racer & tend to take things steady (I am a senior & have all the time in the world....thanks to Covid😂) but definitely get it booked in with your dealer & sooner rather than later. A quick test drive with a tech will confirm if there’s a fault.
Keep us posted
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

I'm not a boy racer either, in my 60s. Trouble is Sheffield is a hilly city with some quite steep climbs including to my house and the Peak District, our usual run out, is only 2 miles away also with hills so they can't be avoided. I've not had chance to go for a long drive in it yet, so far only the 2-3 miles to work, supermarket etc, so I'll try to get out over the Christmas holidays. It seems fairly smooth on the flat once the revs pick up a bit. I'll keep you informed but I want the hassle of xmas over first before I add potentially more hassle to it. Cheers, Richard.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Fair comment, I’d do the same. I live in Bristol (just outside actually) & we are well known for being a bit ‘hilly’. I’m sure you’ll get to love the engine. Just to add, I have the DSG auto box so not so easy to be a boy racer. I’ve managed 1800mls since March 1st...thanks Covid