Soon to be Kamiq owner

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Hi guys,
So as I've mentioned in another post, I'm picking my Kamiq up on 22nd June and it can't come too soon. This will be my first Skoda and my first petrol car for over 12 years. Previous cars have been oil burners from Renault and most recently, Nissan. Nice enough cars but time for a change as I don't do as many miles now and my workplace is only a few miles up the road.
I'm getting the 1.0 SEL DSG with some extra toys as it was originally intended as a demonstrator, but due to our old friend Covid-19 it only had 700 miles on it (mostly from the sales guy that was using it)
Looking forward to getting involved in the forum and crackin on with a bunch or like minded people....

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi Rivendell63
Glad to note you’ve recently taken delivery of you new Kamiq & opted for the 1.0 sel. with auto box. Is that the 115 engine or the slightly smaller unit. What’s your first impression. You said you added a few toys (as did i). What did you add on.
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Hi Lofty, I've been running mine for 3 weeks now and love it. It is the 115 engine and although I was a little concerned it may be lacking in 'grunt' it performs quite well although not as 'punchy' as my previous 1.5 diesel powered Nissan. Still very much in the educational stage as I get to grips with the various options and the tech, but very pleased so far. How you getting on ?
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I replied to this but it’s disappeared in another post/file. Really need to get my head around it. I posted a couple of photos re my queries but can’t even find that now.
Very impressed with the engine certainly compared with my merc 122bhp 4 pot. I think the 3 pot 115bhp is very very impressive.
Had 4 adults up last night on a run out to a country pub (1st since lockdown 👍👍🍺🍺🍷🍷 & again the performance was more than acceptable. Let me say at the onset, I’m age 73 so not a boy racer (those days are over) so looking for fuel consumption from the engine & comfort & reliability from the car. Not disappointed so far although I will post a picture of my o/s/r brake disc, noticed at 70 mile travelled but during early lockdown. No one available even on phone eventually at call centre it was a ‘senior technician’ based at Andover. Said don’t worry, brakes guaranteed for 3 months. Thought bullocks, if I get problems 6 months on, Skoda will deal with it.
Just tried to post the foto but probably in another post, I’ll keep trying
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

E3ECB7A9-ADFF-462C-B0F8-61EFCCD86B01.jpeg

Hopefully the photo of my brake disc
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Wow .. Have you tried pulling the pads out to check them or are you just going back to the dealer ?
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

No, wouldn’t dream of doing that on a ‘new’ car, let the dealer do that if it’s necessary. I did rub it down lightly with some emery tape (I did think it might be grease at first so used a cloth with white spirit which made no difference) I immediately sent the photo to Skoda so I have it on record but am hoping to visit my dealer within a week or so (to try to help me with this bloody dash) so get their opinion.
The disk looks rusty because I’d just washed the car, that’s how I noticed the marks.
Chuffed I was able to attach the photo
Maybe I’ll send you my dash photos for your thoughts.👍👍👍
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

My dash queries.
How do I get to highlight the rear passenger so hopefully have air coming out the rear vent fitted to the rear passengers

5A481BBA-0DDD-4299-9D6F-344F0A2D0EDE.jpeg

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I left the question with Skoda customer service. Zin said I’ll speak to our technical department & come back to you. Rang next day saying tech dept said it’s a touch screen so touch the rear passenger symbol & it will become highlighted.
What a load of b******ks. Doesn’t make any difference. Told them that. They said we’ll come back to you.....2 weeks ago & still waiting.
Any thoughts/suggestions welcome

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post