Newby greetings

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hello to you all.
Just collected my 1.5Tsi (manual) SEL Exec.
Hope everything is well with you all and your Kamiqs.
Hope to learn tips and tricks as time goes by.

marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Hi Andy. Good to see you. I’m collecting my 1.5 SE L Executive DSG on Tuesday after what I thought was a surprisingly short delivery time of 13 weeks.

Having seen a mention on the Briskoda forum about the downspeccing of the front dynamic indicators to a flashing orange bulb, I’d be interested to know if you car has suffered this. I know it seems like a trivial thing but it’s important to me and I’m wondering if it’s happened to my car whether there is any redress possible from Skoda.
Nick M
2022 Kamiq SEL Executive 1.5 DSG
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

But I guess that the catch all sentence in the Skoda blurb that “we reserve the right to change specifications blah blah…” covers them.
Nick M
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

I’ve been looking at late model SEL Execs on the Skoda approved used site and from the pictures you can see that some have full LEDs with dynamic indicators front and back, some have the patterned glass over the DRLs with an indicator bulb at the front and bulbs at the back, and some have bulbs at the front but the LEDs with dynamic indicators at the back. So it looks like a it of a lottery what you’ll end up with.
Nick M
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi.
Hope your collection went well and the car is good. My brand new car had a dent in the door! Dent-man came today and sorted it beautifully.
Mine has dynamic rear leds, but a single orange bulb at the front. Front daylight running lights stay on when indicator flashes. Maybe you'll do better?
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Hi Andy
Thanks, car is great, and like you I have the downspecced front indicators but LED scrollers at the rear. I never realised that the front DRLs stay on when the indicator flashes which to my mind makes them less visible.
It’s taking me some time to set up the infotainment and virtual cockpit, but because I have keyless start I’m having to have the engine running to make adjustments. Is it possible to have the ignition on without starting the car?
Nick M
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Just realised. You just press the start button without putting your foot on the brake!
Nick M
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Lots to learn with the virtual cockpit. One of the easiest shortcut is that extremely annoying ’lane assist’. Study the handbook as it can be switched off with 2 presses of buttons.
I have a 2020 SEL with dynamic indicators at the rear, standard at front (disappointing)
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

On my SE with bulb indicators, the appropriate running light dips slightly when the indicators are used. Can observe it reflected in car in front.

Have to add that so long as the bulbs prove to be vehicle-lifetime as they are meant to be (and our Yeti ones were fine in that regard) I actually prefer bulbs to LEDs for being much clearer, certainly compared with static LEDs, and I've not seen many scrolling LEDs I consider superior.
Last edited by DTEG on Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Welcome.
I have a 2019 SEL that has dynamic rear indicators, and normal flashing bulbs at the front! so the spec has been changing from day 1 I think.

The DRL's actually reduce light intensity by half when the indicators are on for that side.

Enjoy..

Rags.