Hi, and fingers crossed

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Hi all

Yesterday I ordered a Kamiq SEL Executive with 1.5 DSG. Dealer said delivery should be 14 weeks. Worrying about the global situation and its impact on delivery times I found this:

https://cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2019/0 ... nglish.pdf

I didn’t realise that Skoda manufactured in so many places. Looks like Kamiqs are built in China, so should be ok, unless the Suez Canal gets blocked again. BUT … I read elsewhere on the storyboard site that, unsurprisingly, Skoda have suspended manufacturing in Russia and Ukraine and also that production of the Kamiq may be affected by a shortage of wiring looms.

Can’t do anything other than hope for the best. But I’m wondering what right I have to cancel AND get my deposit back if the delivery time goes much beyond the time the dealer quoted. Does anyone know?
Nick M
2022 Kamiq SEL Executive 1.5 DSG

marineboy

Post by marineboy »

I’ve done some more digging and it seems that the Kamiq being produced in China is a slightly different model specifically for the Chinese market. The Kamiq for European markets is produced in Mladá Boleslav in the Czech Republic. This video is dated July 2021 and clearly shows the model on the assembly line. So I’m slightly more optimistic, though of course there is still the chip shortage to contend with.
Nick M
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

And here’s the updated graphic confirming the above

22DC771C-6498-45BC-A37D-B1A631668675.jpeg

Nick M