Hello from Cumbria

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

Just like to say hi to everyone on here, don’t have a Kamiq but am very interested in one so am using this Forum hopefully to help research the model.
Joined a few forums lately for different brands I’m interested in, some good, some bad (Forums that is) this seems a pretty friendly place so looking forward to picking your knowledge about this interesting looking car🙂

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi Doogle…nice to see you’re doing your homework. I’ve had my SEL 1.0L auto since March last year (coming from merc A class)
Absolutely love my Kamiq…no problem at all & it’s my first Skoda.
There was some early criticism of a harsh ride on the 18” wheels (standard on the SEL) but I never found this although one new member reported this from the onset (never came back with his outcome). I road tested the 1.5 but found the 1.0L 3 pot more than adequate even with the auto box & with a considerable saving on price, it was an easy decision for me but I am a senior with boy racer days long gone plus I’m chuffed with the economy…nearly 60 on m/way with c/c on & upper 40’s. urban. Build quality is what we’ve come to expect from Skoda. The only criticism seems to be with the link up with smart phones etc & a lot of the forum tends to be dedicated to that particular subject……so it’s a Yes from me. Gook luck
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

Cheers for the reply, I was going to ask how the 1.0 engine performed on the Motorway, I’m hoping to retire next year and fancy an SUV for the slightly higher position (I know this is a mini SUV but my daughters Seat Arona is a similar build and seems not bad) but the Kamiq just seems to get such good reviews on comfort, quality build, reliability and all round just a good solid car?
I’ll likely be making two or three journeys a year down to Kent, d’you think the 1.0 would be comfortable and powerful enough to do this without sounding like your wringing it’s neck?
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

7F4DCCC5-D12B-4799-A264-CFFB51293FFC.jpeg

3E92690C-9A16-4A7B-A5D0-7C0EC644D4F4.jpeg

]Absolutely…I’m retired & although I liked my A class me & wifey found it increasingly difficult to get in & out (same as you) I studded the market & the Kamiq was described by the car mags as “Compact SUV” it work perfectly for us. Have no fears about the 1.0L engine. It’s 115bhp & performs well on m/ways.
Remember, this engine is fitted across the VW/Audi range & is well proven. I have some data sheets I’ll try & post
.this is from the 2020 model…2021 May differ so check
DTEG

Post by DTEG »

Our 1.0 110PS 6-speed manual was a dream travelling from Surrey to N Wales in the summer. There's plenty of oomph in the lower gears for overtaking, and it's not lacking in the higher gears either. Under acceleration the 3-pot makes a glorious noise, and it purrs along otherwise at all speeds. Our Yeti before was comfortable enough, but the Kamiq was definitely a level of refinement up, and I think we got about 55mpg with very mixed driving conditions.
Kamiq 1.0 110 SE manual, new since January 2021
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

Thanks very much indeed for the info and personal experiences, I’m away near Preston next week so intend to visit the local Skoda dealership (Nearest to me is Morecambe and then Preston) and hopefully check one out “In the flesh” so to speak😉
Bobblejack

Post by Bobblejack »

For what it's worth, I have recently retired and bought my first Skoda a couple of weeks ago. After a lot of brand/model/soul searching I settled for the 1.5 TSI DSG Kamiq SEL. I have been very happy with. Went for the bigger engine as I no longer have a daily commute and have relatives all over the country and felt that the 1.5 would be more pleasurable to drive on long days out. I don't drive like a boy-racer (never did!), but it's nice to know the performance is there when I need it. Went for the SEL because it had the digital cockpit and I can have the SatNav display in front of me. Very enjoyable to drive.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Welcome.
We have had the 1.0 SEL since January. Now been able to do a couple of long runs. One round the NE, visiting the usual coastal places, 490 miles in 3 days, and one down to Exeter and back for a funeral. ( From Preston).

Can't fault it. Comfy, Smooth, and quiet on the motorway cruising at 70. Great economy, and more rear legroom than my old Qasquai.

The trip to Exeter took 7.5 hours due to the M6 being blocked ( again) and we were still fresh when we arrived.
It really is the best car I've owned.

I had my car from Preston Skoda, and they were good to deal with.
It's handy that they are on the Car supermarket site near the Dock, with all the main brands in one area, so you can have a good look at the competition without travelling far.

Rags.