Hello all

New to the Skoda Kamiq Forums? Introduce yourself here
ournev

Post by ournev »

I collected my new Kamiq on Friday last and generally join the relevant forum. It didn't take long to discover a problem. I insure with by miles due to my low mileage and I have to insert their gadget into the OBD 2 socket which Skoda have done a great job of hiding. The Web tells me that it is situated in the fuse cubby but I cannot find it. So unless anyone on here can help I will have to visit the service centre. Despite this I am sure that I am going to enjoy the car.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi ournev & welcome to the forum. Any & all contributions welcome.
I had my dash cam fitted by Halfords (fitted to my previous car & well impressed with their work hence returning customer)
When he did the initial inspection to order the correct leads, (it was the first Kamiq he had seen 1/3/20) he said the VW/Audi group always fit the fuse box under glove box passenger seat but concluded this was not the case on the Kamiq & found it by the drivers footwell & can be accessed by removing the ‘coin box’. This is a RHD car. Hope this helps & you enjoy the car. Keep in touch.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Hi, And welcome.
As Lofty said, It's situated on the Right drivers side ( RHD cars), near your right knee.
I had to kneel down at the side of the car, and use a mirror to look along the line of the little cubby hole box, and it's low down, under there.
If I remember correctly. it's pink colour. You don't have to open the cubby hole as it's below it.

It's in exactly the same place as on this Octavia. . .>

Rags.
ournev

Post by ournev »

Many thanks for the instructions, found it straight away and the by miles gadget is installed. I took photos in case they may be needed at some point.